~46~ The calming senses of hidden guilt

*Edited: Proofreading*
Word count: 3422

Big thanks to AnyaMae10 for helping me with the horse realted injuries mentioned in this chapter, and sskmskksksksksmsks for helping me narrow down the 'nightgowns' to this one!^°^

°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•

(This is your new 'nightgown', and it's what you're wearing for this chapter

(This is your new 'nightgown', and it's what you're wearing for this chapter.^°^)

~~~ October 23, 1777 ~~~

°
°
°

I sat leaning against the fluffed pillows on my bed with my hands laid across my abdomen - head tilted back. My eyes were closed, a peaceful expression on my features as my hair was draped around me, falling over my shoulders while my left leg was laying straight on the bed's surface; a cold, damp towel wrapped around my ankle while my right leg was bent, knee up in the air.

Kate sat by my side, braiding a small section of my hair over and over again, undoing the braid when she finished just so she could start over with it again as an excuse to play with my hair.
Lillian and Adelaide sat on the opposite edge of the bed, listening intently to the older blonde female while Lillian played with the end of her uniform.

"She's a very lucky lady."

My mind drifts back to a few nights before, drowning out the words Marion read aloud from the book in her hands as I remembered what the doctor had told George and I.

~~~

"For starters, there's more good news than bad."
The older, shorter man mumbles, straightning his posture as he gently places my leg back down on the bed - having been examining my ankle moments prior.
He adjusts his beige colored jacket before taking off his glasses and looking more towards George, who stood by my side with his hand on my shoulder.

"She's answered all my questions correctly and consistently, and she doesn't seem to have hit her head too hard, or to have broken any bones," he shakes his head ever so slightly, a raised brow sitting upon his face before it furrows in thought.
"very lucky indeed. Though I still advise her highness to be careful- and not exert herself."

He takes a small breath, turning as he picks up his bag from the floor before turning his gaze to me.
"You're going to get some pretty nasty bruises, and you're going to feel really sore, but if you feel or see anything out of the ordinary you need to tell someone immediately."

I nod slightly, my hands in my lap.
"Y-yes sir." I say timidly and he smiles, looking at the king.

"I'd say she's in good shape, just keep an eye on her ankle, hip, shoulder, and her head. I'll return tomorrow morning and over the next few days to check in with her, but if you need me just fetch me and I'll be over as soon as I can, your majesty." He explains and George nods as the man bows.