~47~ Golden glint

*Edited: Proofreading*
Word count: 4196

*Edit- Everyone, say hello to Gerald. Credit to Stereotypical-_-Teen for giving him his name.*

/]_[\
(°v°)
/ \][ \

*Warning! There is slight language used and mentions of blood in this chapter. If you're uncomfortable with that then please read with caution during the beginning of this chapter. Thank you!*

°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•

~~~ Flashback ~~~
(George's pov)

°
°
°

"Your majesty."

I take note of the tone in Ainsworth's voice as he straightens, holding the reins closer to his chest as his horse slows and his gaze stays on the animal a little ways in front of us.

I turn my gaze to the dark colored horse standing beside the tree, furrowing my brow for a moment.

"Is something wrong?" (Y/n) questions softly and I turn my gaze to her frame - noticing the unease in her voice, my eyes holding a gentle look as she holds the reins closer to her chest, her grip loose as I smile softly and Opi takes a breath.

"No, everything's fine love." I say calmly and (y/n)'s gaze falls on me for a moment. She nods her head, clearing her throat as her hands fall to her lap and she looks back at the dark bay horse, who, in turn lifted its head.

I look back at my general as the soft rustling of grass reaches my ears, causing a few of the guards behind us to slow — all on alert.

"General." The soldier next to Ainsworth mumbles, unease dripping from his words as another soft rustling reaches my ears and a few of the horses snort.

"What's wrong?" (Y/n) mumbles softly and her horse takes a step back.

"Your majesty..." Ainsworth says, his tone low and cautious as another rustling sounds throughout the area.
"I think it's best we-"

The male in front of me gets cuts off as a sudden, loud yell echoes through the area - joined by the cry-like whinnies of the horses and the yelling of my men as my horse steps back — (y/n) screams in fear - her horse taking off as I watch with a look of terror, my head trying to sort out the pure chaos of yelling men, distressed horses, and the sound of smashing glass, all blurring together like a jumbled symphony.

"(Y/n)!"
Fear laced her name - my heart pounding against my chest as the soldiers around me yell orders and commands, some rushing to my side - preventing my chase after the female, while others ran to something in the corner of my eye.

"Stay on the ground!" A soldier says loudly.

"You- you whore!"

"I said stay on the ground!"

I hold my breath, watching with a mixing look of confusion and concern - two soldiers wrestled with a man, the three of them lying next to dark green, broken glass, and a dirty - bloodsmeared knife.