~45~ Fields of green

*Edited: Proofreading*
Word count: 3922

Before we get into things I just wanted to say a quick thank you, we made it to thirty-one thousands reads!?

You guys are so awesome - thank you thank you thank you!^°^

°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•

The sky was mixing blues, oranges, and yellows; a soft breeze blowing through the grass and leaves on the small hill in the countryside.
It had been a few hours since we left the castle and had crossed the bridge over the river Thames - which George was more than happy to tell me about, and we had made it pretty far, through the countryside, passed houses and the bustling city awhile back, now only being accompanied by the city line view in the distance, farmland and it's accompanied houses, barns, and small buildings.

George and I had stopped along our little outing by a decently sized tree - along with the soldiers and horses, who had stopped to take a break; the two of us having had a small picnic by the tree while the soldiers stood around partaking in small talk with each other.

~~~

The soft snapping of the flower's stem reaches my ears as I place it in my left hand - along with the four others I had picked moments earlier, my eyes gazing down at the light pink and gentle red hue of the petals.
An intent look sat on my features, a small smile on my face as I stand moments later, turning my gaze from the flowers in my hand to the fields of luscious green grass, bushes, and trees of all different heights, shapes, and sizes, and colorfully painted flowers speckling the area in patches.

It was something you would imagine in a book, its colors standing out from the backdrop of the sky behind it; and it was certainly something I could find myself getting lost in.
The cities and towns of Windsor - at least from what I had seen so far, were also breathtaking, from the streets varying from dirt and stone, the architecture of the lively yet elegant houses, stores, outdoor shops, and vendors selling a variety of items, and other buildings, all of which had interesting stories behind them.

But, elegant though they were, I always found nature more breathtaking; and growing up where I did I preferred small towns settled by trees and fields more than lively cities. Though both had their individual beauties and drawbacks.

I take in the scenery for a few moments more, getting one last good look at it as I knew we'd have to be going back soon.

Slowly I turn, keeping the image I had taken in, in my head as I slowly make my way back over to the small group of men who waited for me by the horses, while a soldier walked behind me.

"I take you're enjoying it?" George asks and I look up at him, smiling back.

"This place never ceases to amaze me," I say, looking once more at the picture perfect scenery behind me.
"it's gorgeous- breathtaking even." I say softly and George chuckles.

"Indeed it is." He comments and I shift my gaze to his caring blue eyes as I smile and take a small step forward, taking one of the flowers in my right hand.

I place the stem of the flower in between the male's white dress shirt and red vest, by his upper left chest and tucking it in so the mixing colored petals sat on the vest's edge.
I then pat the male's shoulder softly, looking back up at him.

"That's for you." I say shyly, "A small thank you, for this."

George smiles, cupping my cheek as his thumb rubs it gently. "Thank you, my dear." He says, his voice full of care. "But you don't need to thank me, knowing you're happy and that you've enjoyed yourself is all I need."