~36~ Red and restful reading Pt.1

*Edited: Proofreading.*
Word count: 2950

Author's note~

Just a few things before this chapter starts-

I wanted to give a big thanks to my friend sskmskksksksksmsks for helping me with the idea of this chapter!^'^

Oh yes, it's time for that chapter- ¬v¬

*Slight warning- This chapter will contain mentions of period/menstrual blood. It's not anything disgusting I promise, this is more of a floof filled chapter anyways, but if you're uncomfortable with that then please skim/skip the first few paragraphs of this chapter.
Thank you. ^°^*

°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•

~~~ October 4, 1777 ~~~

°
°
°

I wake up doubled over in an all too familiar pain, my knees tucked up by my chest and my arms wrapped around my midsection tightly as I lay in a small ball on the bed, not wanting to breathe in the blood-like smell as I lay covered by the dark gray blankets loosely hugging my frame.

My whole body ached.

I furrow my brow, a small breath leaving my lips as the pressure-like feeling constricting my abdomen onto the thousands of tiny, and sharp needles was constant.

I slowly open my eyes, looking at the early morning light that cascaded into the room and down onto the floor as if it was being poured in through the open curtained window. I swallow, hesitantly moving my slightly shaking frame as I draw in and hold a small breath, propping myself up on my left elbow and pulling off the covers.
I sit up, my movements slow, wincing in pain as a matching expression sat etched on my features, showing my discomfort to the vacant room.

I carefully swing my legs over the side of the bed, my bare feet touching the cool floor beneath me as I close my eyes and stand up.

I didn't want to turn around, to make the small, dreadful explanation for my pain a reality. Yet, I slowly turn, my gaze falling on the bed I was in moments before as I sharply inhale and quickly clasp a hand over my mouth.
My heartbeat quickens, the embarrassment painting my cheeks a cherry red as the needle-like feeling pricked my eyes.
I slowly shake my head, an uneasy breath leaving my lips as I stare down at the red stain that colored the sheets of the bed with a look of almost pure horror, announcing my worst fear to whoever looked at it.

You would've thought I was looking at a dead body that laid sprawled across my bed.

My emotions mixed together like they were in an raging ocean, the feeling of disgust, horror, anxiety, and sadness hitting me like one of the ocean's many relentless waves.

I could feel the tears in my eyes, blurring my vision from my newly found discovery.

'Not here. I can't start here, now.'
The thoughts enter my head and I rip my eyes away from the blood that taunted me.
I take a shaky step, my free hand tracing the mattress for support as I keep my left hand clasped on my mouth tightly.

'No. No. No. Please not here, it can't be that time.'
I think over and over again, my heart pounding as I stop by the foot of my bed and grab the curtain obscured railing that sat at the corner.
My knees buckle and I slowly fall, my knees hitting the floor softly as my hand slides down the wooden railing, holding it tightly as I move my other hand to my abdomen, hugging myself with one arm as a small, broken whimper leaves my lips.