~19~ England Pt.3: Home

*Edited: 3-4-2022*
Word count: 4571

*Pay no attention to the cars! >~<'*

°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•

"I'm scared." I whisper - my gaze glued to the docks that I had once perceived as peaceful, a picture perfect scene of lamp lit streets lining the edges of nearby corners and houses...even the distant bodies of people were sound in calming celebration.
But now the scene before me was a grave reminder.

I didn't want to get off the ship - not here, not in this strange place I was now suppose to call home.
I wanted the ship to turn around, to head back so in time I could run to my family and hug them tightly...tell them how much I missed and loved them.

My frame was shaking and I knew the male could tell, as he pulls me closer in a reassuring gesture.

"Ready?" He asks, letting go of my waist before taking my hand and I wanted to cry, to plant my feet where they were and never move again.

"No-" my voice cracks as George leads me to the side of the ship - keeping me close to him so I had no choice but to follow.

My hand squeezes his tightly and I hesitantly step off the ship and onto the wooden walkway that led to the docks.

He leads me down despite my steps wanting to be slow, his frame keeping me at a calm and steady pace — Warner and a few unoccupied soldiers following behind us.

My grasp once again tightens around the male's hand as we step onto the docks, my action earning a soft chuckle from the royal, who I practically clung behind for unwilling reasons, his hand holding my own in an embrace of safety.
His gaze finds my profile, his smile kind before he then turns his attention to a soldier wearing a uniform similar to Warner's - badges and all.

His features too were similar to the general behind me - slim yet held the same stern, narrow expression of order that, at the moment, sat lightened with an air of calm.

"Your majesty, it's a pleasure to have you back." His voice was deep, slow, and he bows, his hand resting on his belt. "I never received any letters. I'm assuming it went well?"

My eyes turn, drawing my gaze back to the large, effortlessly elegant ship I had spent the last few agonizing weeks on - drowning out the conversation that was going on and I could feel my heart pounding against my chest.
At that moment, my frightened curiosity was on the blonde and where she could've been —

"...and if I may ask, who's this young lady?" The newer soldier asks, catching my attention and I step back a little out of intimidation - as if I were trying to hide behind the blue eyed male.

"This is (y/n). I'll be sure to fill you in later, for now however, she was an...unexpected addition for our journey home, and she is to be treated well." The royal explains almost proudly and I let my gaze fall.

There was no point in arguing my side of the story.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you."

I swallow back my nervous thoughts, pulling my shoulders closer in a showing of my timid nature - a gentle hand rubbing my arm.

"There's no need to be shy." George says softly. "Now, we best be off. There's quite a few things to check back in on."

The newcomer nods at the king's statement, gesturing towards a horse drawn carriage waiting patiently in the distance.

"Lead the way, your majesty."

The royal smiles, pulling me closer once again as he leads me forward - despite my want to turn around.
His walk held the upmost composure and confidence, his head high - complementing his perfect posture, while his steps were filled with purpose, yet slow enough to where he could make sure I kept up.
I, however, was the complete opposite - my hand holding the male's as if my life depended on it - my free arm resting at an angle across my abdomen.
I kept my gaze on the ground in front of me, watching the fabric of my dress move with each timid step.