~15~ Silent slumber

*Edited: 2-15-2022*
Word count: 3482

"Wait-" my word was sudden, breaking through the sounds of shifting fabric and the older woman draws her hand back from its work of undressing me - as if her touch had burned me.

My body was tense - standing only in my under garments and corset - the heat from my cheeks feigning the illusion of a fever that dusted my skin in red.

I dreaded the situation I was in, knowing there wasn't a way out for many reasons. But despite my embarrassment, I needed to remain calm, quiet.

The last thing I needed was the king coming down here - or anyone for that matter.

"What's wrong?" She questions - her hands careful in their endeavor to remove the corset from my waist, and my arms wrap around myself soon after.

"I can't..." the whispered worries were soft and the older woman turns, placing the corset on the stool she had placed the dress on minutes earlier.
"I can't get undressed in front of you, no one's ever seen me...bare besides my parents when I was younger."

The gentle hand on my shoulder wanted to grab my gaze. "Dearie, you don't have anything I haven't seen before." She chuckles. "Just relax, it's just you and I. And the sooner you get in the sooner you can get out and in bed, alright."

"C-close your eyes- just for a moment, please?" I whisper, opening my eyes and Marion smiles.

She rolls her shoulders, holding out her hand as her eyes fall shut.
"Just let me know when you're ready child."

I take an uneven breath, glancing down to my feet and I couldn't help but feel hesitant, yet, in taking the female's advice I find an ounce of confidence, pulling the item of clothing off my frame before holding it against my now bare chest. "Don't look, please." I whisper, holding a breath as I place the fabric in her hand before taking small steps over to the metal tub.

The water was warm, sending a comforting shiver through my spine as I slowly step into it - hiding myself as I move to sit and pull my knees up to my chest. My arms then wrap around my legs, hiding my face.
"...alright."

Her steps were soft - the rustling of fabric joining her light amusement.
"See you're fine." She speaks up, kneeling by the side of the tub moments later. "This isn't so bad, now is it?"

I tense as her fingers run through my hair, untangling the strands that had seemingly tied themselves loosely together and I bring my knees closer, trying to hide myself more as she continues in her calming motions.
"If it helps, I'm a mother. I've raised four girls, and two boys, you know."

I let her words sink in, peeking at the blonde, who dips a bar of soap into the water - her gaze on her hands, before I hide my face again, tensing as she moves my (h/c) hair and rubs the soap across my back in calm circles.

I sigh after a moment and hesitantly lift my head, looking up at her.
"I-I can wash myself, you know." I mumble as she continues on, washing my right arm.

"Yes, I know." She chuckles, "But his majesty gave me specific instructions to make sure you're clean and ready for bed."

She was only following orders.

My thought was simple - fading as the female picks up a fancy pitcher before filling it with water. My brow knits and I close my eyes as she pours the warm liquid on my head, soaking my (h/c) hair and my frame shivers.

"Still nervous?" She asks and I nod, glancing at her gentle features.
She pours something in her hand, rubbing them both together before standing up and rubbing the soapy substance through my hair.