~68~ Sincerity

*Unedited.*
Word count: 4375

~~~ November 30, 1777 ~~~
No one's pov

°
°
°

Pins of one's imagination could be heard dropping onto rose colored carpets and reflections on marble floors, a delicate dance of slender metal clattering to a standstill between spoken thoughts. Sunshine filtered through the clouds and curtain-drawn windows like waves stilled in time and pent up breaths were released in calm, steady motions.
A counter to the time ticking by.

A cool chill of late year weather was sent between the air - the skies peppered with clouds of hopeful snowfall and if one looked close enough to the sullied blue-orange sky above the images of little flakes could be sworn to be seen fluttering in a weak breeze, sending shimmers of cold days to come.

Quiet in everything around the long, mostly empty room.

Careful in posted guards by the door. In stilled lights making a home along the floor.

Calm in false showing faces.

It was a routine not yet practiced, paces long settled into thrones and strides below high ranking men.

Red hues were dulled by cloudy rays of shimmering daylight and five frames stood in thoughtful conversation.

Fingers drummed on the cold arm of what the royal deemed at that moment to be a glorified chair, thoughts not elsewhere...but clouded just the same over the repetitive days that had passed.
One. Two. Three. One. Two. Three. One. Two. Three. Four. Five.
Five fingers tapping in rhythmic motions along the lukewarm surface of elegant patterns, his eyes unbothered and not wanting to flicker to the point where he should have held most of his attention.

Before the royal stood three frames clad in neat patterns of white on black - uniforms and official dress for his court. Life was given in their eyes and the drawn attention of a red bow and gold pendant on the male's shoulder.

"And what of the other arrangements?" The royal poses, head leaning more towards a tilt and a chuckle brought a glimpse of day-to-day life.

"Well, your highness," Samuel chirps, reading through thorough lists written by his hand. "Marion, Kate, and myself were just finishing with flowers the other day, then there is the decorations and beginnings of the arrangements for seating. We've also began preparing a list of dinner and dessert courses that (y/n) may enjoy, and can narrow down when she feels more up to the task again."
Pages flipped, words scanned over before brown eyes rested on the woman beside him.
"You'd be quite proud- not that there was any doubt in Marion's abilities." He chuckles, "She has done quite an amazing job thus far."

The older woman dusts down the white apron upon her waist and playfully rolls her eyes at the eager young blonde, who nodded at Samuel's compliment. "You give me too much credit. I was simply doing what was asked of me- and I must thank you both for your help."

"We were thinking carnations, for certain- maybe daisies mixed in with baby's breath and roses. Marion was hoping to keep the colors of the flowers more pale, something soft that will lead one's eyes to certain places."

"I for one think you both are doing a fine job." Kate smiles, hanging onto the older woman's arm and a warm hand was placed atop her own.

"Indeed. You have a very lovely vision for finer details." Another compliment from the well-dressed young man and Marion smiles, mouthing a soft-toned 'thank you.'
Her throat then clears, her head leaning her gaze towards the polished floor.

"I just hope (y/n) finds my choice with the arrangements to be to her liking."

"I highly doubt she'd argue with your decision." Kate whispers, earning a smile and she leans her head on Marion's arm. "Give yourself more credit."