~62~ Careful eyes

*Edited: Proofreading*
Word count: 2810

~~~ No one's pov ~~~

°
°
°

The soft scratching of the quill's tip was steadied by the older female's hand, scrawling down her neatly written thoughts onto the piece of parchment.

Her chamber's were dim - lit only by the small flame dancing within the lantern on the top corner of the writing desk she sat by, and the sliver of moonlight from waving its light from the window - which had its curtains drawn closed as though the older woman didn't want the contents of her silent activity to be seen.

The room was simple, sparsely decorated with few items yet somehow, it held a very homely feeling.

A bed was tucked in the back corner - the sheets neatly made and pulled taught while at the foot of the bed sat a small, dark brown trunk.
In the opposite corner sat the small, occupied desk decorated with only a few little trinkets the older female cared for enough to put on display close by.

Across from the bed and sitting near the door, was a dresser topped with more items and a mirror - its dark wood blending into the shadow painted walls.

Her hand hesitates in its writing, falling stiff as her green eyes stared down at the parchment in front of her with a look she wanted to keep hidden. Although, despite her hesitation, she continues with the clearing of her throat - her writing as neatly done as ever.

Her thoughts were occupied - thinking back to what seemed to be a more simple day, about a week earlier.
It was a quiet day that day, the rain gently tapping in a symphonic song of elegance, the whole castle coated in what felt like distant warmth.

The older woman was almost torn on the simple decision...

"Please, if not for yourself...then for me, us."

That's what she had said to the frail female held in her arms that day - the female that held her almost as tightly as the older woman had.

The blonde's arms were wrapped around her frame in comfort, the young girl's head buried in the crook of the older female's neck...it was just the two of them - a scene Marion thought back to quite often.

But knowing (y/n) too was torn on her upcoming decision didn't help the female's worries.

Her words were shaky - almost showing her newfound fear in the moment she dared herself to whisper something so soft she doubted the (h/c) female even heard her.

It was then she held the girl tighter - trying to focus her thoughts on the rain.

It was clear to the shadow coated room, that she was deep in thought...that was until a knock rapped at the door.

Her brow softens her expression and she straightens, setting the quill down beside her as she covers the top half of the parchment that held her attention moments before with other pieces of paper.
She then pushes her chair back - the feet scraping against the floor with ease as she stands and walks over to the door.

A smile graces her features - two dimples joining it as she opens the door to her chamber's.

"Girls." She greets, "It's getting quite late, shouldn't you two be getting ready to retire for the night?"

"We're sorry to be a bother, Marion."
Lillian starts and joyful blonde by her side nods shyly.

"We were just wondering if we could spend sometime with you before we retire to bed."

The older woman raises an inquisitive brow. "Have you finished your chores?" She asks and Kate nods almost eagerly.

"We finished them early tonight." She responds and a chuckle greets the air as Marion opens the door a little wider - gesturing for them to come in.