~44~ Coat of gray

*Edited: Proofreading*
Word count: 3217

*Edited: Proofreading*Word count: 3217

(This is what you're wearing.)

~~~ October 19, 1777 ~~~

°
°
°

I keep my gaze out the open window of my chambers, leaning against it while my lower arms rested on the cold stone in front of me.

My mind was pretty empty of all thoughts, besides one that stood out to me and caused a saddened look to stay etched of my features as the feeling of the cold mid-day air blew passed in its gentle, steady breeze.

He said no.

I had asked him a few more times during the remainder of that day, trying to be as persistent as I could - trying to put my foot down yet in a kind way. And still, with every time I had brought it up or asked, his answer never changed.

It didn't matter how I approached it, whether I was kind - or in my last attempt, a little more stern than I wanted to be. His answer was always no, or how I should change the 'poisonous topic' before I let it get to my head.

I sigh, snapping out of my thoughts as a soft knock sounds from the door. I turn, my right hand falling to my side as I bite the inside of my cheek, hesitantly walking over to the dark, wooden door as I silently prayed the person on the other side wasn't who I thought it was.

I turn the cool metal handle, opening the door as Marion's kind, smiling face greets me.

"Marion?" I question, opening the door a little more as I chuckle, gesturing for her to come in. "What are you doing here?"

"I needed to talk to you."

"Is something wrong?" My tone held caution as I slowly step forward.

"Oh, no." She responds, brushing me off. "I simply wanted to check on you- see how you were feeling."

"I'm...alright."

The blonde smiles, "Walk with me."
Marion then turns, heading down the hall and after a moment I follow - catching up to the older woman.

"Why are we walking?"

A glance in my direction and the blonde hums.
"Because there's something you're not telling me."

"There is? I mean-" My head shakes - Marion offering a chuckle.

"Yes. You haven't been acting like yourself today, or last night."
The blonde stays silent for a few moments, looking my frame over.