~58~ An evening to remember Pt.1

*Edited: Proofreading*
Word count: 4468

Special thanks to MeJauntingCar for requesting a small scene within this chapter, I hope you like it.^°^

Before we get into things I wanted to quickly say, this chapter (for both parts one and two/three) was requested by AbbyMeche a while back.
*Sadly, as mention in chapter fifty, I'm not able to link their profile as I believe it was deleted.*
But big thanks to them for requesting/loosely inspiring these next two or three chapters.

*But big thanks to them for requesting/loosely inspiring these next two or three chapters

(I apologize for the picture not being the best, but this is what you'll be wearing- except for the small butterflies are white flowers

(I apologize for the picture not being the best, but this is what you'll be wearing- except for the small butterflies are white flowers.)

°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•

~~~ November 20, 1777 ~~~

°
°
°

The ruffling of fabric stood out to me as I waited silently behind the dressing screen - taking a stiff breath while trying not to wear my low laying, but steadily rising panic on my sleeve.

I thought I had prepared myself for today - with the help and encouragement from both Marion and George, yet here I was, a bundle of nerves.

Marion stood behind me, her steady hands and keen eyes making quick work of lacing up the back of my corset.

"Something's on your mind again." The blonde chimes and I glance over my shoulder as she gently pulls.

"Just...nerves I guess." I answer and she nods, pulling once again before she ties and tucks the ends under the bottom edge.
"I don't know, I know he's had his hiccups here and there but...George has been very gentle, kind, and he's done so much to care for and look after me."

I swallow as the sound of footsteps draw closer - Adelaide stopping by Marion's side as she tilts her head, a bundle of fabric draped over her arm.

"Thank you, dear." Marion says softly, taking the red hued fabric from her arms and dismissing her with a small nod.
The older woman's smile was kind, her tone matching the gentle concern in her eyes and my gaze falls to the floor as I had to admit she was right.