~34~ Closed off confession

*Edited: Proofreading.*
Word count: 4222

Look at our handsome boy, an adorable little cinnamon roll as always-^°^

Before this chapter starts, I wanted to quickly apologize.>~<

While I was still in the process of writing the end of this chapter my dog bumped my hand and I accidentally pressed the publish button -
It's safe to say I nearly had a heart attack and I would've kept it up but there were still errors I had to go back and fix and I had to finish the last few paragraphs before proofreading it.

I'm sorry for any confusion caused yesterday!

°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•□°•°•°•

The hall was quiet - a reflection of lost time filled by rhythmic clicking across polished marble surfaces.

I kept my gaze down, my hands placed in front of me as I played with the fabric of my light colored dress - trying to keep a blank mindstate - desolate of all thoughts that tried to enter because in truth I didn't want to think, I wanted my mind to be as numb as each feeling.

I kept each breath small, my steps timid as Marion looks over at me - a small smile on her face.

"I'm hoping dinner went well?" She asks after a moment yet I keep my gaze on the floor in front of me as if studying the patterns of each square.

"It was nice." I say softly, squeezing my thumb...not wanting to partake in conversation.

"Just nice?" She asks and I stay silent, opting for a small nod instead and she smiles with care - her hands dusting off the apron around her waist. "That's good. Did you get enough to eat?"

Once again I nod.

The area falls silent, a pause between unspoken thoughts that led Marion to scratch her cheek - her throat clearing upon a decision.
"I informed the girls." She comments and I hesitantly look up for a moment, only making contact with her green eyes for a brief second. "On your situation."

"You did? How did they take the news?"

"Kate seems the most optimistic out of them all, although I gave them the night off as they are still...thinking about things. They wanted me to tell you that they don't think any less of you- that they'll be there for you if you ever need them."

"Oh...that's..." my voice falters with conflicted feelings and the smile on the older woman's face quickly fades, being replaced with a look of growing concern.

"Child, what's wrong?" Her voice was gentle as she stops by the door, taking the handle as I shake my head.

We're they not concerned?

"Nothing...I'm ok."

She lets her brow crease. The handle turning to an open position.
"But you don't seem ok. Did something-"

"I promise, I'm fine." My tone gathers irritation that was sewn under softer words - and as I pass her bundled frame, a saddened look flashes in her emerald eyes that quickly glanced at the two silent men who stood in calm guard by the door.

She follows me into the warm room, shutting the door behind her with a clear click, and after a moment she steps forward - her gaze on my back and her voice kept lower in tone.

"Child." Marion says and I slow my pace - stopping by the window that gleamed with cold light from outside the reflective surface.
"Don't think I'm trying to pry into things you may not be ready to talk about. But something is bothering you, what is it?" She asks kindly and I furrow my brow, hugging myself as my eyes fall closed.