Selfish | Armin x (Injured) Reader

Prompt- Armin comes to see you after  the attack on Marley

Despite the title, there isn't much angst, you will understand why I named it that in a little bit

Season 4 spoilers

The door slammed open, Armin in the doorway would scan the room before scowling and moving on. He had done this to every room in search of you. He hadn't seen you since earlier that day on the airship and now that everything was over is was hoping he could see you. He was going to make sure you were okay. He walked quickly through corridors and down halls, trying to be as efficient as possible when checking rooms and moving on. Soon he had after he had searched the entire HQ's building he began to panic. He kept asking people where you were only to get an 'I don't know or 'i'm not sure' answer. He kept going though, determined to find you even if you were a corpse. Soon he came across Jean and asked him the same question as everyone else.

"Jean do you know where Y/n is? I've been searching but I can't find her. Is she okay?"

"Yeah, she's with Hange right now, in her office."

"Okay, thank you so much!"He said before quickly leaving.

No wonder he hadn't found you. Hange's office wasn't connected to the main building because she had a habit of being... dangerous to say the least. Fires, explosions, and many more had taken place thus her removal to about a 20-meter difference between her workplace and the main building.

Either way, Armin made his way there quickly though he couldn't stop trying to think of a reason as to why you would be there. Soon enough he knocked on the door and entered, not waiting for a response before entering. He and Hange were close due to her experiments and spending time together. Either way, when he walked in he was shocked. You sat on the table in the middle of the room in nothing but a bra, Hange standing next to you. He soon connected the pieces when his eyes scanned your right shoulder where there was blood and a nasty gash.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Zeke and his stupid boulders. I'm fine it's was a pretty small one but it got lodged in me and Hange offered to fix it," you explained.

"So your okay?" his voice was a whimper, his sadness, and desperation trying to be his but failing.

He couldn't hide anything from you, especially his worry.

"I'm okay."

He sighed at your words walked closer, looking at the area Hange was working on. You hissed in pain when she pulled out the foreign object but overall sighed in relief that it was out and gone. Hange set it down on a cloth and Armin looked at it. It was about the size of his last pinkie fingers joint. It was small and a little sharp, Armin involuntarily shuddered when he thought about how that had previously been embedded in your skin. He looked back up and studied you as Hange continued to work. Other than the shoulder incident, you didn't look that hurt. Some dirt here and there but that was expected.

Hange finished a couple of minutes later with a smile, bandaging the stitches after wiping the blood off. She gave you some pain meds to get from the infirmary but otherwise said you'd be okay and to not do any strenuous activities for a while. You and Armin thanked her while walking out and heading back to your room.

"So how'd it go?" You asked him.

"Um well, we got Zeke and Eren so I guess that's good. We did lose six soldiers and Sasha of course so I don't think can't this can be counted as a victory."

You had been there when Sasha died alongside Armin. You had seen and witnessed what happened and you felt extreme sadness and guilt.

"Let's not focus on that now." Armin interrupted your thoughts, "Let's be selfish and enjoy that we're still here and together, just for now."

"Okay, sounds good." You agreed.

Armin smiled slightly and held your left hand while walking, the both of you talking about small nothings. Soon you got back to your room and both took a shower, shedding the dirt and emotions from that day as best you could. When you were both out you dried your bodies and put clothes on.

"Wanna go get dinner and bring it back here?"

"Yeah sure but I don't know how I'm supposed to carry the tray, Hange said no straining activities and moving it kinda hurts right now. I could carry it with one arm but I'm not exactly that coordinated and I could ea-"

"Y/n, love, stop worrying. I'm a titan, I'm sure I can handle carrying two trays."

"You sure?"

"Yeah of course. Plus what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't help my injured girlfriend?"

Armin did as promised and carried both yours and his trays back to your room, the both of you eating on your shared bed while talking. When dinner was finished the both of you set the trays aside and laid in bed together, both waiting for sleep and enjoying each other company. Armin laid on his back, you curling into his side and resting your head in his chest with your leg wrapped around his.

"Y/n?" Armin whispered.

"Yeah?" You whispered back.

"I'm glad your okay." he continued.

"I'm glad you're okay too," you spoke softly.

"I was afraid you were gone when I couldn't find you. I was scared that you had... died." his voice broke a little, his sadness seeping in and affecting his voice as he did his best not to get emotional.

"I know baby and I'm sorry for accidentally scaring you."

"It's alright, it's not your fault it just gave me a chance to realize how much I love you. I had thought you died and even for those couple minutes I couldn't stand it. The thought of you being dead and never being with me again was haunting. Definitely scarier than any titan or human I've ever seen." he admitted.

"You don't have to worry though, we're both okay and we're safe. We're okay." you soothes him.

"Yeah we're okay." he agreed.

Armin rubbed your arm gently, not wanting to pull or pain your shoulder in any way.

"You know I'm in love with you right? I love you so much and I need you Y/n. I can't imagine my life without you. It's scary as hell but it's the truth. I need you to function in life Y/n. Without you, I feel empty. Promise me you'll do your best to live and stay with me?" his voice was vulnerable and pleading, his heartbeat feeling like a dull, throbbing ache in his chest.

"Only if you do the same," you answered.

"Of course. I wouldn't want it any other way."

Armin kissed your head, closing his eyes and relaxing, happy to be holding you.

"I love you, baby," he whispered against your head.

"I love you too." You said into his chest, his breathing and heartbeat soothing your body and helping you relax.

"Goodnight," he murmured.

"Goodnight," you said back.

You both snuggled into each other a little more before going to sleep, forgetting about today and choosing to be selfish, only focusing on each other.

a/n- thoughts? I think this is kinda cute ngl :)

also IDK if i agree with the head cannon that hange is medically trained and I tried looking it up but Idk if it's confirmed or not any way in this story she is for plot purposes lol

this was a request by sparkleyay

favorite anime you've seen?

you look amazing so don't let anyone tell you, different darling, I love you <3

have a good day/night :)