• Final •

——  ∞  ——

Even after her hand relaxed in his, Jungkook continued to hold onto it as he drove them home. It wasn't too long a distance but Hyun-Ji had fallen asleep almost as soon as he'd left the parking lot and joined the much lighter flow of traffic on the city street. A red hue cast over her skin as they sat at a traffic light, and he smiled at the way her head was tilted and how her pouty lips were separated just a little.

And because she was lightly snoring. It was something she didn't do often and proof that their evening had tired her out more than she realized.

Red turned to green and he proceeded to take them home with a slanted smile on his face, wondering what could be in store for him once they arrived home. Before they left the fair, he'd called his father to tell him they were on their way to relieve him of Hyori duty and Jungseok, as perceptive as ever, heard the emotion in his son's voice. Just telling his father that he'd regained his memories was enough to start his happy tears all over again. He cried right there in the center midway while he shared the news. Hyun-Ji hugged him around his waist for support, shedding silent tears herself as she smiled up at him.

He exhaled a chuckle as he pulled into the driveway beside his father's running car, and Hyun-Ji woke up once they came to a stop. Haneul, getting into Jungseok's passenger seat, smiled and waved at them before placing a finger in front of her lips and pointing at the backseat. Hyori was there kicking her legs and chewing on Mimi's ear while she waited and would probably make a fuss if she saw they were back home.

Inside, Jungseok came down the stairs just as they closed the front door behind them. He immediately pulled his son into a tight embrace that lasted for a long time. So long that by the time it ended, both father and son's eyes shined with tears that were close to falling. He wiped them away before hugging Hyun-Ji as well, who was already quietly crying while she watched them.

Looking back at his son, Jungseok smiled. "Welcome back."

The corner of Jungkook's mouth lifted as well. The greeting felt fitting. "It's good to be back," Jungkook said.

Jungseok's smile widened and he hugged Jungkook tight again, breathing a deep sigh of relief. After a few moments, he held his son at arm's length and looked into his eyes.

"Your mother and I are taking Hyori to see a movie. I'm sure she'll want to know everything that happened but not tonight. I think tomorrow would be better."

Jungkook looked away and back at his father's pointed stare. "Um... ok."

"It's a kids movie so it's only a little over an hour long. It's going to take ten minutes to get there and another ten to get back but we'll probably stop and get a burger from Five Guys on the way home."

"Ok," Jungkook nodded.

"That means we'll be gone for about two hours," Jungseok said. "Ok?"

He unblinkingly stared directly into his son's eyes while nodding. Jungkook, feeling the telepathic message being drilled into his head, started nodding with him.

"Ok. Two hours."

"Two hours," Jungseok repeated.