• 9 •

-- ∞ --

"Say mama!"

Hyun-Ji held Hyori upright on her lap and supported her weight, letting the infant safely test out standing on her own legs.

"Say mama!" She smiled at her. Hyori watched her mouth intently, her own lips moving slightly, preparing to copy her mother.

"She's going to say dada first."

Hyun-Ji turned her head and gave a sidelong glance to her fiancé from her seat on the blanket covering the lush grass underneath.

"She's going to say mama first, aren't you, sweetheart?"

Hyun-Ji had the advantage, after all. She was with Hyori more often during the day and had more opportunities to practice with her.

And she was going to practice saying mama!

Thanks to a few towering trees, the backyard had ample shade so that she and Hyori wouldn't get burned by the morning sun. The gentle breeze carried the fragrance of the flowers whose bright blossoms had burst open to paint the garden in vibrant hues of red, yellow, and orange, attracting butterflies in colors just as vibrant.

Jungkook, practicing his Taekwondo forms, moved towards the pair in a prescribed series of blocks, kicks, and punches. Distracted by his daughter, his stern face softened when he saw her becoming more excitable the closer he came to her.

Chubby legs kicked rapidly and her hands flew to her mouth as he stepped towards her while simultaneously performing various blocks, and she erupted into giggles when he suddenly squatted down to her level, getting into push-up position on his knuckles.

"Say dada!"

"Say dada!"

Instead, she squealed and buried her face into Hyun-Ji's chest before peeking back at him again, a huge toothless grin on her face.

He lowered his body to the ground, hovering for a second before quickly pushing back up and saying 'boo', making Hyori blink and burst into giggles each time.

Hyun-Ji watched and laughed with them as they played. His laughter was endearing, his coffee eyes sparkling, and his tanned skin glistening with perspiration.

A bead of sweat caught her eye, running from his temple and along the sharp angle of his jaw before falling from his chin and into the verdant grass, followed by a few more. Her lowered eyes noticed his rolled up sleeves and the branches of veins in his forearms that protruded more than usual under the tension of the push-ups he was still performing.