• 77 •

*Trigger Warning*
Graphic depictions of torture.
——  ∞  ——

Seokjin lifted the bat and brought it down on the junction of Seojun's neck and shoulder the way one splits a log. The muffled scream of his captive bouncing off the walls, crystal stemware, and wine bottles of the lounge-like safe room was almost as satisfying as the feel of his collarbone snapping under the force of the swing. He chuckled as the scream continued, their volume gradually lessening to groans of pain until the eyes of his prey opened again.

Flicking his wrist, he tossed the bat into the air where it began to rotate. Instead of catching it, he pushed the larger end of it back into the air. It rotated in the other direction and Seokjin caught the handle of it before tossing it into the air again. He juggled the bat continuously while watching Seojun deal with the pain he was in, his brown eyes appearing soulless midnight to his captive.

"Shit," Seokjin muttered, catching the bat a final time. "I made a mistake. That was the wrong side."

Seojun's brow furrowed as he looked at Seokjin questioningly.

"Because if I was told correctly, it was Hyun-Ji's right collarbone that was broken while trying to protect her mother from you, wasn't it?"

Muffled screams filled the room again as the bat shattered the opposite clavicle. Seokjin released a satisfied sigh and twirled the bat like a baton before resting it on his shoulder. The second swing must have caused the bone to break through his skin. Blood was beginning to stain the grey collared shirt he wore.

For breaking the collar of an 8-year-old girl.

Seojun attempted to speak between cries of pain but the tape covering his mouth only allowed a series of frantic sounds to escape.

Seokjin lifted a brow. "You have something to say?"

He tossed the bat onto the leather chair behind him and approached, roughly tearing the tape from Seojun's mouth. His yell was immediate.

"It was an acciden—"

A right hook sent Seojun's head snapping to the right.

For his poor excuse of an explanation.

"Do you really think I care if it was an accident?" Seokjin asked.

Seojun licked at the blood on the corner of his mouth and slowly turned to Seokjin. "She shouldn't have gotten in the way!"

A higher-pitched chuckle shook Seokjin's shoulders, his mirth finishing with an amused sigh. "She shouldn't have gotten in the way."

Smile still on his face, he nodded while walking back to the toolbox. Knowing exactly what he wanted, he removed a short chain. The simple chain link was wrapped around his hand a few times, covering his fist in metal. He then stood in front of his captive again, dealing another hard blow to his face.

For raising his hand against his daughter.

He hit him again, and again, until not even the padding the leather gloves provided was enough to lessen the sting.

Blood went flying across the room, splattering on the leather sofa next to them. Seojun's head lingered to one side and as soon as Seokjin saw it, the displaced tooth hanging by a thread of flesh hanging between his parted lips was ripped from his mouth and tossed on the floor. Seojun cried out, his eyes squeezing shut and lower lip tucking in an attempt to stem the pain.