• 69 •

This chapter has a soundtrack
—— ∞ ——

Contrasting eyes opened at the sound of his phone vibrating next to him. He squinted in the dark room at the too-bright light, his heart pounding at the possibility that it could be her.

It wasn't. It was Taehyung.

Not feeling like talking, he silenced it and dropped his head into the pillow again, wishing he had a cold pack to lay across the back of his neck. His headache was steadily growing worse with no sign of easing until a full migraine constricted his skull for the duration of the evening.

Buzzing pierced through the deafening silence again. It wasn't her. It was Taehyung.

One call was social. Two were emergent.

"Hello?"

"Tell me what the fuck happened."

Jungkook sighed, cringing at the tone that said the thin ice he tread upon had just split beneath his feet.

"Hyung, please—"

"Don't give me that shit, Jungkook. I don't know why you're pushing her away, but you better go to her and fix it before she actually gives you what you've been asking for."

Jungkook fell silent, staring off into the dark. He selfishly wanted her to stay even though staying with him would be the equivalent of struggling through quicksand while ignoring the offered rope to pull herself out. The harder she tried, the faster she would drown.

"Is that what you want?" Taehyung asked.

"No," Jungkook answered honestly, to both scenarios.

"Then hang up and go to her now."

"She's not home."

"Where is she?"

"She said her friend was having a thing at her house she almost forgot about."

"What friend?"

"Hannah."

"Hannah who?"

"I don't know. Hannah from school."

"Wait a minute. You let Hyun-Ji go to a party?"

"What do you mean 'let'? Hyun-Ji is her own person."

"You let a woman who's never been to a party that wasn't Saint Mary themed go to a college party by herself?"

"She didn't say it was a party, and she's not alone. She's with her friends."

"I swear, Jungkook if you don't get your ass up and go find her..."

"And look like a crazy boyfriend that's stalking her?"

"If something happens to her, I'm going to fuck you up myself. Then her father is going to kill you and bury you under a tree just so dogs can piss on your grave! Get the fuck up and go find her!"

Jungkook mumbled a curse and turned over, switching the light on and nearly blinding himself in the process.

"Do you know where she is exactly?"

"Yeah. She sent me the address."

"Send it to me. I'm waiting for Jimin to get me from the airport but then I'm on my way."