• 80 • (18+)

——  ∞  ——

"I want to talk to you about something," she said, biting her lip to contain her smile. Already in bed, he watched her close the door behind her and approach the bed with the giddiness of a schoolgirl with a secret.

"I do too," he said. Contrasting eyes shimmered with excitement as he looked back and forth between hers.

"What is it?" she asked.

Smiling his slanted smile, he shook his head. "No, you first."

"Ok," she smiled.

What she had learned while spending time with her aunt was that Sangjae expected results ahead of schedule despite her penchant for lateness, according to her father. She may have been given two days to complete her task but she could guarantee Sangjae would be asking for an answer tomorrow.

She climbed onto the bed and sat beside him, pulling the blanket over her crossed legs as he had. Clasping her hands together in her lap, she smiled brightly as her fingers began to move the diamond on her finger back and forth.

Several seconds passed, both of their smiles gradually growing until he briefly looked away in confusion of her silence. "What did you want to talk about?" He chuckled.

Something that they hadn't in a long time. Their last conversation of wedding planning was made moments before her life came to a standstill while his lay in fate's hands. Fear of those plans being disrupted again made her nervous about broaching the topic.

But fate had given them a second chance, one that she didn't want to take for granted by focusing on fear.

"I wanted to talk about our wedding," she said, her voice small.

He exhaled a chuckle and pivoted his body toward her. "I'm listening."

"Well..." She mirrored him and moved a little closer, taking a deep breath. "I was thinking that I want to get married this year."

"I want that too," he said, his expression soft.

She already knew of his desire, but hearing him speak it again still made her heart flutter. "I was thinking about August," she said. "I-If that's not too soon."

"We could get married tomorrow."

Lips parted and chocolate eyes rounded, she could barely breathe. "Tomorrow?" She exhaled.

"I'm ready to marry you tomorrow, Hyun-Ji."

He maintained his smile but his voice held the conviction of someone absolutely sure. She stared in shock, her thoughts having been sent into hyperspace.

Their rings had already been purchased months ago. If they were to be married by an officiant, that would be all they really needed to make their union complete. Yes, she wanted a wedding, especially if it could be the wedding of her dreams that Sangjae was promising her, but them becoming one was all she'd wanted since the day he'd proposed to her.

Was this really about to happen?

"But," he continued, "I know having a whole ceremony is important, not just to us but to everyone that cares about us."