• 64 •

—— ∞ ——

"You wanted to talk about something, sir?"

Jungkook took the seat across from Hyun-Ji's father and menus were placed in front of them. The younger watched Seokjin order a drink that Jungkook himself couldn't legally have until September, then peruse the menu with a scrutiny that made Jungkook not even dare to slouch in his chair.

"Yes," Seokjin answered, not looking up from the choices in front of him. "Remember when I said to expect a conversation in the near future?"

Jungkook swallowed hard, attempting to moisten his quickly drying throat. "Yes, sir?"

"Well," he said, finally closing the menu and looking up, "this is it."

The news made the stiffness in his spine spread throughout the rest of his body. 

The original meeting with Mr. Kim was already nerve-wracking as it was. In the moments preceding, Jungkook admittedly assumed that the person with his rehabilitative future in his hands would be arrogant. Instead, the older man proved to be polite, professional, and carry a sense of regality that Jungkook didn't know existed until their greeting. That still didn't lessen his anxiety around him.

"Since we're going to be in each other's lives a lot longer than either of us expected, I thought it best we get to know each other more."

"Ok," Jungkook said, sitting taller and making sure his interview-ready smile was in place. "What do you want to know?"

"How you got my daughter pregnant."

Fuck

Fuck.

If the world was destined to end in an explosion, now was a great time for it to happen.

"Um..."

Sweat began to form on his brow as the older, masculine version of his beautiful future wife suffocated him with his undivided scrutiny.