• 46 •

——    ——

All night he held her close.

They put Hyori to bed together, and afterward Hyun-Ji looked so crestfallen about him leaving that he didn't have the heart to deny her. So he stayed, her gratefulness easing his feelings of selfish indulgence.

He didn't want to leave, but just because he wanted to make her his didn't mean he could impose either. He wanted to stay in her embrace, to draw her into his senses, to be her source of comfort like she was his, but only with her permission.

She had rested her hand on his forearm, stopping him from descending the stairs, her eyes silently asking the question when her lips hadn't. He answered, also without a word, following her back into their bedroom and closing the door behind him.

And he held his love all night.

He felt her smile against him as the pads of his fingers slowly massaged her scalp until much needed sleep overcame her, claiming him soon after. It seemed that every night spent with her would turn out to be the best sleep he'd ever gotten, even with the...

Distractions.

He awoke partway through the night to what felt like petal-soft lips pressing against his neck. His eyes floated open and he drew in a sharp breath at the sensation, now painfully aware of her warmth and that she was only wearing one of his t-shirts that had ridden up, just barely covering the generous curve of her hip. A soft whisper of her name went unanswered. She was still sleeping.

It was a good thing she was. After that, he had a difficult time falling back asleep.

But eventually, he did, to the sound of her deep and even breathing and the feel of her soft body pressed against his. As sensual as it was, her softness was still comforting nonetheless.

In the morning, he awoke again well rested but his mind in a bit of a fog. For the first time since he had been back home, he didn't feel like going to therapy and groaned when his alarm sounded to remind him it was time to get his day started. Noona was already gone and so was Hyori. The only other person in the house was his father, who was typing away as he worked from home.

Jungkook mumbled a good morning as he passed his parent's open bedroom door on his way to the bathroom, trying his best to motivate himself to get through the day while his two rays of sunshine were away.

——    ——

"Hi, Jungkook."

He looked up from where he lay on his stomach on the massage table to find mossy brown eyes carefully regarding him. Over her arm lay a towel and two large heated pads meant for him.

"Hi, Sujin," he mumbled, laying his head back down on his hands and closing his eyes again, not really feeling like being social.

She lay the fluffy towel over his back, followed by the pads that supplied his achy muscles with soothing heat. "I hope my being here isn't a source of stress for you," she began. "I am sorry about what happened the last time we were here together."

She sounded sincere. He opened his eyes then, giving her his attention. "Thank you for apologizing. I... I can be... um..."