32- homesick

-

-

{y/n's pov}

i've lived in new york ever since i got accepted into a college there.

i always knew that you existed no one listened

my boyfriend louis and i have been in a long distance relationship ever since i left to go to a separate college.our relationship has drifted off since then and we stopped talking.

texting and calling everyday went to every other day, to every week, to every month, to barely speaking at all.

how come when you drove by you didn't stop to visit?

i found out that he stopped talking to me for a reason. he visited new york to meet an online friend. who happens to be a girl.

my mom and dad said they first met under the moonlight.

we met at school. i fell in love with him. he was the original shy, beautiful boy that came out of his shell when he was with the people he loved.

i didn't buy their cover story, it didn't feel right.

no one can have a perfect first impression with someone they love. i obviously didn't which is probably why we're not together anymore.

well,

i though we were together.

but i guess not.

cause i belong in space,
floating with debris.

i've made friends here. they're great to me and i might even have a crush now. but it's weird. i can't believe louis could move on so easily. questions swam through my brain and clouded my thoughts.

why didn't he visit?

why doesn't he talk to me anymore?

why didn't he at least break up with me first?

something about this place,
never did feel right to me.

the world is a crazy place. a lot of the time i don't feel like i belong here. floating in space seems great sometimes,

just to get away from all the drama, all the hurt in this cruel world, with all the cruel boys.

counting the stars, they all fell so far.

at night, looking at the stars calms me down. it helps all the anxiety wash away.

but sometimes,

late at night,

i imagine what it would be like,

if me and louis still talked?

but it's always felt like home to me, what took you so long?

-

author's note
hey! i'm getting to work on
the recommendations some ppl made,
but this was a kinda 'on the spot' imagine.
it's kinda crappy but i like the song.
ly all and ty for reading and voting <33