45- cigarette

tw: death and smoking (pls skip if this makes u uncomfortable)

-

"it's just a cigarette," she said as she lifted it to her lips. "it hurts your lungs darling, please stop." he begged as she shook him off.

"it's not that bad, i only do it twice a week." she said as she puffed the air out. "and then it will be ten." he argues as he stares down at her.

"there's not much of a chance, i don't do it so much. plus, you've smoked before." she says back as she brings it back to her lips. he takes it out of her hand and drops it on the concrete, smashing it with his foot.

"i was different then, you know i hate it when you smoke." he said as he watched her in pain. he didn't want her to get addicted and end up killing herself.

"louis can't you trust me? when i want to stop i can." she said as she leans back in her chair. he shakes his head. he used to make that excuse too. luckily he quit and stopped before it killed him.

those words rang through louis as he wiped his tears. 28 years old. they had only been married for a year and hadn't even had kids yet.

it was all my fault. i could've helped her. i could've brought her to a facility. she wouldn't have died at 28. what do her parents think? what will i do without her? without my love?

she died from lung cancer. he was in so much pain. he just wanted to die. he would do anything to bring her back. he would do anything.

"i'm sorry y/n. i'm so so sorry." he sobbed as he looked at her grave. he picked at the grass and placed down her favorite flowers. he sharply inhaled and shook his head.

"i told you. i fucking told you it would turn to ten." he said as he rubbed his eyes. little did he know she was watching and crying as well.

"i'm so sorry louis. i know. it's not your fault. please don't blame yourself."

"take me back to the night we met." he whispered as he looked at her grave. "i don't know what i'm supposed to do. all i want is you. i want to hug you and hold you. i would never let anything hurt you." he said painfully.

he heard footsteps and turned to see mrs. y/l/n. she had red, puffy eyes and stepped forward with open arms. he quickly got up and embraced her mother. "i'm so sorry." he whispered into her hair.

"it's not your fault louis. it's okay." the lady sighed as she watched the young boy fall apart because of her daughter.

in the end,
it wasn't just a cigarette.

-

author speaks
hi, i'm sorry for the sad
one, but i kinda liked the idea. i'm sorry
if anyone in your family, friend group, or if you
are/is going through this. i love you and you are
worthy to be on this planet. you're so beautiful/handsome.