48- unnecessary doubt

UNNECESSARY DOUBT

↪︎ 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐎𝐏 converse squeak against the floor abruptly as you drag your feet across the school hallway

↪︎ 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐎𝐏 converse squeak against the floor abruptly as you drag your feet across the school hallway. you pull on the bottom of your favorite skirt, the exact same one you just got dress coded for.

the day was going by decently, of course it wasn't fantastic because it was school but then the grumpy teacher at the end of the hallway decided it would be a good idea to call you into his office.

"ms. y/l/n," he cleared his throat fixing his collar, "do you know why i called you into my room?" he questioned, thinking you had the ability to read minds.

"no, i don't actually." you respond smoothly, readjusting the strap of your school bag. he nods his head, "well, you should know of our dress code by now, but your skirt tells me that you don't."

you glanced down at your skirt, the fabric going more than five inches down your legs. you glance up at the man with a mix of disgust and confusion, "the skirt reaches past my arms." you state, letting your arms fall to your sides.

"don't be snappy with me y/n. detention... today." he declares, raising his eyebrows as if begging you to "snap" at him again.

as if things could not get worse with your pink slip gripped tightly in your hand, you got into a quarrel with your boyfriend, louis.

you were at your locker, shoving your books inside with a bit more force than necessary. a force pushed against the side of it for a moment until louis's face popped up.

"hey lou." you mumbled, running your hand down the spine of your books. "hey love, i have something to talk to you about." he muttered, looking at you sadly. you turned, curious and nervous to hear what he was about to say.

"i have to leave school for a few months to film a show. but, i landed a role i was struggling with and i'm really proud." he smiled at the end of his sentence, nervous to see your reaction.

"that's great, i mean i'm really proud of you lou." you grinned, wrapping your arms around him holding onto his chest. "thanks love, but uh.. that's not all.." he continued, nervously running his hands through your hair.

you glanced up from his chest, tilting your head to the side, "what is it? are you alright?"  he nods his head, "yeah, i'm fine i just- i have to go to dover and all these places for about seven months." he mutters, running a hand through his hair.

"what?" you mumble softly, looking up at him. he shrugs his shoulders, rubbing his eyes, "i'm just worried we won't be able to see each other, and i don't want to break up-" he starts before you cut him off. your heart broke at his tone, he seemed so sad and scared to lose you.