67- comfort

COMFORT

↪︎ ❝︎HEY, DARLING, are you alright? you've been in there a while

↪︎ ❝︎HEY, DARLING, are you alright? you've been in there a while.." louis' voice comes from the other side of the door as a soft knock echoes in the bathroom.

you were currently taking deep breaths, reaching into the bathroom cabinet, searching for a familiar bottle of tylenol.

you had just finished your makeup in louis' room, sitting at his vanity to look somewhat presentable for a date. louis had asked if you wanted to go to the park and skate before getting lunch.

you agreed happily, wanting to get out of the house for a bit until you felt your favorite pair of jeans suffocating you. at first, you thought it was the way you were sitting until you felt an excruciating pain just below your belly button, knowing exactly what it is. after excusing yourself to the bathroom, your concerns were correct, you had started your period.

you held back a groan at the stain in your pants as you realized you couldn't go out. the last thing you wanted to do was cancel on date plans but you truly couldn't imagine riding a skateboard for a few hours in your jeans.

you knew the first day of your period was the worst. sometimes the pain in your stomach refrained you from walking, discomfort was too common for your liking, and your attitude occasionally got out of hand.

after remembering that millie kept her necessities under the sink, you quickly grabbed what you needed and got yourself situated before beginning your search for the pill bottle.

at this point, the only thing on your mind was laying in bed in a nice sweat set.

so, looking up from the drawers in his bathroom you shuffled to the doorway and clicked it open, "yeah i'm okay...but i don't think i'll be able to go out today."

louis' eyes softened as he looked at you, tilting his head slightly in concern. "what happened?" you immediately shook your head, scratching the back of your neck. "no, no i just. you know." you gestures to your hips and he followed your movements until click! the light bulb beneath his eyes went off.

"oh. sorry," he chuckled, "that's alright. we can stay in and watch something. i know how you get on your first day." he grinned as you scoffed.

"i'm gonna take that as you caring about me, alright? um, one thing though, do you have anything i could change into?" you said, smiling with your best set of puppy eyes on. you absolutely loved wearing louis' clothing and even though you probably had something lying around, you wouldn't miss a chance to wear one of his hoodies.

he chuckled and gestures to his room, "yeah come on." you followed behind him like his lost puppy and watched as he set out a pair of his sweatpants and a matching hoodie. after thanking him and quickly changing you stepped out of the bathroom, noticing he wasn't upstairs.

little did you know, louis had run downstairs grabbing your favorite blankets, pillows, and snacks. he went into the kitchen to boil some water for tea, listening for your footsteps as if judging the amount of time he had left.

eventually he turned around and there you were, standing in all your glory. a smile rose on his face as his eyes scanned your body. he loved seeing you wear his clothes, especially in public.

it was like you secretly wanted everyone around to know that you were his and he was yours.

once that hoodie was pulled over your head, you felt so warm inside and out. the scent of his cologne enveloped your nose and it was like taking drugs. you couldn't think straight when you smelled his clothes and no matter how many times he washed his hoodies, you could still smell his cologne. it was like he wore them for an hour after each of his hoodies were laundered.

"go on and lay down darling, i'll be there in a sec." louis'a voice broke you out of your trance as you got lost in his scent. a smile grew on your face as you stared at the set of blankets and pillows laying on his couch. your heart felt like it was melting every time louis treated you like this.

the first time he ever saw you on your period, he was so worried about you, he offered to do anything for you. since that day, he has made it his mission to be sure that you have the most comfortable and stress free period from then on. louis hated that you had to suffer through all that pain and he wished he could take at least a bit of it to make you feel better. but since that was impossible, he attempted to do the next best thing.

the couch sank under your weight as you pulled the blankets up to your chin and sighed. you snuggled into the cushions and watched as louis rounded the corner with two mugs in hand. he focused on making sure they didn't spill, his nose slightly scrunching.

"thank you so much, you didn't have to do all this." you said softly, watching as louis set the teas down. he shook you off with a smile, "i don't mind at all, as long as you're comfortable, i'm happy."

you nodded and scooted over to make room for him on the chaise. he plopped down next to you and you lifted the blanket, inviting him under the sheet. he pecked your cheek and you leaned into his weight with a smile, feeling so comfortable.

you turned to look at him and he glanced down at you with an eyebrow raised, "what is it?" you nibbled on your lip and sighed, "i just feel bad, i'm sorry we couldn't go out. i really wanted to, i just.. you know how my stomach acts up."

he sits up and grips your hands lightly, "it's okay, i promise. the skate park will always be there, we can go another time. plus, i wouldn't mind extra cuddling time with my favorite girl in the world." he nudged your shoulder with a grin as your cheeks blushed red like a cherry.

one of his hands rose to caress your cheek, rubbing his hand along the red. "okay. thank you again lou, i love you." he grins widely, his hand still rubbing against your cheek.

"i love you more. and you know i don't mind doing this." he leans forward, pressing his lips against yours softly. it felt like a cage of butterflies were set free in your chest, fluttering free whenever he was around. your chest felt tight yet loose whenever he was around.

you pushed your lips towards him, tilting your head to the right to reach a better angle. both of you would have sit there forever if it weren't for your loss of breath. when you finally pulled apart, your chest rose with your need for air.

louis smiled as his forehead rested against yours, his arm reaching to wrap around your shoulder. "let's watch something, yeah?" you breathed, your voice coming out hoarsely due to your close proximity.

the night ended in warm cuddles and soft kisses on each other. you would never take louis's kindness for granted. he was always so willing to help you, no matter how spontaneous the plans. he continued to prove that he was the perfect boy for you. at this point, nothing could make you think otherwise.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

author speaks!
hello loves, sorry for the lack of updates ♡︎
thank u all so much for reading, the amount of reads this book has is literally insane i feel sick. i hope u guys enjoy this imagine that was requested by the lovely @MisoSoupCrackhead thank u so much for the rec, i love u ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎