Am I not happy?

Aarav Kapoor

It is been 3 days since I saw the annoying girl.
And I don't know why am I thinking about her!

God! Help me!

Currently I was reviewing some paper work of the hospital in my cabin and there was a knock at the door.
"Come in." I said.

Mom entered in my cabin with a smile on her face.
"May I have a few minutes of your busy schedule, Sir?" Mom asked taunting me because I did not meet her since 3 days as I did not come to the college.

I just rolled my eyes at her drama and gestured her to sit.
"Aarav, stop working. I have something important to talk to you." She whined.

"Okay." I said and kept the file aside.

"You just turned 29 a month ago." She said with a stern face.

"So? Is that a problem?" I asked confused.

"No, but the problem is that you still are not ready to talk about marriage. When in your early 20's you used to say that you are not going to get married, I won't take it seriously. I thought with time you would get a bit matured. But no, you're just working and doing nothing else!" She said irritated.

"Mom, you know I don't want to get married. I don't believe in marriages." I said and was going to open the file when she snatched the file from my hand and said
"If by next year you don't have a girlfriend or a girl you would like to marry—
She started but I interrupted her
"Don't blackmail me, Mom. You know very well how I hate the concept of marriage. I don't want any girl going through what you have faced. I don't want to turn out like my father.A failure of a husband." I said in a defeated voice.

"Aarav." My mom called and squeezed my hand.

"I trust my upbringing. I know that you can never become like your father. Why can't you trust yourself and give it a chance?" She said.

"I'll think about it Mom." I said to calm her down because she is one stubborn woman if I deny now then she would definitely find ways to persuade me.

"I am very positive that there will be someone who is going to mess with your heart so bad that you would forget about all your marriage is a bullshit theories." She said smiling and I laughed at it.

"I don't think so, mom." I said shaking my head.

"Oh trust me, I know so. It can be anyone. Maybe my very own student Shanaya Oberoi." She asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"What? Where did you even get that idea from. She definitely messes with my head and gives me a headache. She can never mess with my heart." I said shrugging.

"I've heard about your encounter quite a few times. How she has yelled at you." My mom said teasing me.

"Ohh god mom! Stop right there. There is nothing like that." I said rolling my eyes.

"Okay fine I won't trouble you. But think about it Aarav. I want you to be happy." She said.

"Mom I am happy and trust me I am going to be happy living like this alone.
You tell me are you happy being in a compromised marriage?" I asked her.

"Yess, because I have my kids who are everything to me. I wouldn't have any of them without your father. So, yess I am happy." She said smiling.

I just sighed.
"I'll think about it mom." I said.

"Aarav, maybe you think you are happy now in your own bubble but trust me when I say you've already missed out on all the fun these years by focussing on your career and now it is time you focus on your happiness." She said