There will be no her!

Aarav Kapoor.

The moment she banged the door & left I knew that this time she was not coming in again from that door.

I am not ready to!

I wanted to yell but would that make a diffrence.
No!

The more she'll be with me, the more I will be keeping her away from her happy ending.
She deserves the life she wants. She deserves someone who would keep her above all of his fears.

She deserves to be called as someone's wife and not just a live in partner.

She definitely deserves more!

And I can't give her that.

I ran towards the door to see if she was still over there. But no, she was really gone.

I closed the door & sliding down I sat on the floor with my head rested on the door.

That was when I realised my eyes had started watering.
I wiped my tears but they were continuously flowing.

She is never coming back!

I had to accept the fact. I knew before getting into this that it was not going to lead us anywhere.

Selfish heart of mine!

I wanted to keep that happiness to myself for a while. For however long it would last, I wanted her for myself.

I still want her to myself.

But I can't be more selfish. Her dad has given her a deadline which I definitely can't comply to and I don't want her to not fulfill her responsibilty as a daughter because of me.

I know If I could've said that I was not ready to let her go, she would've stayed.

But for how long?

Could I make her stay, forever?

No, I couldn't.

So, it was better to let her go.
Just then my phone started ringing and I answered it without seeing the caller ID.
"Hello." I said.

"Sir, there is an emergency at the hospital. Could you be here quickly?" The receptionist said on call.

"Yeah." I said and hung up.
Washing my face, I left for the only thing I am good at.

Being a neurosurgeon.
.
.
.
I was driving back at the apartment and I checked my phone for 3 missed calls from
Mr. Oberoi.

What's wrong?

I called him as soon as I reached the apartment's parking lot but then I saw stuff being loaded in a car.

She's leaving..!

"Hello." He said.

"Mr. Oberoi, you called me. I am sorry I was in an surgery." I said walking towards the elevator quickly so that I can reach the floor and maybe see her one last time.

"Yeah. I called you to inform you that Shanaya is already moved out from the house. Her stuff is being taken care of." He said and I stopped walking.

So, she already left!

"Okay. I'll talk to you later." I said & hung up.

When I entered my apartment I saw Abhi & Ahana sitting on the couch.

"What are you guys doing over here?"

"To have a talk with you." Ahana said furiously.

"Ahana calm down. Even he must be going through a lot right now." Abhi said holding her arm.

"I don't care! I told you right? I told you not to do that one fucking mistake! And you did it." Ahana said aggresively clapping her hands and I sighed.

I had no answers to that.

"Did you guyss have the talk? Shanaya left after that?" Abhi asked calmly.

I just nodded my head in a yess.
"And let me guess, you fucked up." Ahana said rolling her eyes.

"Ahana, it was necessary. She was expecting a marriage out of it." I said.

"Aarav, do you know how is it going to feel like without her now?" Abhi asked.

"Empty." I said with a dry chuckle.

There will be no one barging inside my apartment. No one trying to cook her best food just for me. No one who would hug me & let me forget all my worries.
There will not be her any more in any corner of the house making it lively.
Making my life lively.

There will be no her!

"Are you alright?" Ahana asked as she came towards me and held my arm.

And for the first time in years, I replied honestly to this question.
"No." I said and she instantly hugged me.
I hugged her back. She was rubbing my back.

"I'm not fine knowing that the reason of my happiness is gone. I made her go." I said tightening my hold on her.

She broke the hug & asked
"Then why would you let her go?"

"Because the surname I own, Is not actually mine. You know! She deserves better than to get married to an illegitimate son!" I said yelling.

"No! What she deserves is you. I don't think if she really loves you, she will care about the fact that you aren't Dad's son." She said softly.

"You know there are several other reasons. I am not ready for marriage. I can never be." I said and she sighed.

"Talking to you is like, hitting my head on a rock! Abhi try & explain him something." She said turning towards him.

"Aarav, do you love her?" Abhi asked.

"I don't know. What does it feel like to be in love?" I asked and Abhi chuckled.

"When everything around is spinning except for the one person whom you have sold your heart to." He said looking at Ahana.

"When you feel like you're breath is taken away from you when she's gone." He said still looking at her.

Oh no!
That's not good!

"When you know that there will be a void in your life without that person. A void no one can ever fill, but her." He said.

I am in love!

But, how does that help my situation.

I still loathe marriages.

"A second chance is sometimes what you crave for and never get. So, you should always make full use of the first chance.
Don't let her slip." Abhi said patting my shoulder.

"She's already slipped." I said.
"It's not late." Ahana said.

"What would I say to get her back? That I am ready to get married to you? But I am clearly not. So sorry but I can't do it." I said and they both left disappointed.

Maybe someday, I'll see you happy and that will put up a smile on my face for forever.

Maybe that's the only way I can be happy. Seeing you happy.