With love?

Surprise...!

Shanaya Oberoi

We sat by the poolside chair and he said
"You know right, he is not my father?" He asked looking at me and I just nodded.

"It all started when my mother was pregnant with Ahana. He started losing interest in my mom and then started seeing some woman. The woman was involved in gambling and she pulled Dad into it too." He said & took a deep breath.

I just rubbed his back.
"My father lost a lot of money in gambling because of her. She used his money as much as she wanted. We were almost on the verge of being bankrupt. Ahana was born by the time and this was one more reason Dad started distancing from mom. One certain day, a few people just barged into our house to collect the debt but they saw mom & asked Dad to let their leader spent one night with mom and he would clear all his debt."
Aarav said while his voice choked in the end.

I leaned on his shoulder holding his elbow.
"You know my dad just without blinking his eye agreed to it. My mom just went with his wish. She thought maybe this could bring back her husband. But it did not. He is still cheating on my mom with god knows which woman and my mom still is tolerating him because she needs to secure her kids future." He said.

"The most interesting part is, I am the result of the one night my mom had to spend with the gang leader." He said closing his eyes tightly and I snapped my head towards him shocked.

"I don't belong to Kapoor's. I don't belong to any family. I'm just a child who was forced on a father. The only thing my mother asked from my father in all these years of marriage is, me. The only thing she asked him was to not abort me & let me live my life as his child with his name." He said and wiped his tears.

He's gone through a lot..!

"Seeing my father, ofcourse I've hated the concept of marriage but when I got to know about my reality I promised myself never to get married. Because it is just helplessness." He said turning towards me.

"There are numerous reasons. The most important is I don't want you to be associated with me because you belong to the Oberoi's and you deserve to get married in a house where you would be respected. Not in mine where everyone would question your existence too like they did mine." He said.

"But Aarav— i started but he cut me off.

"Sshhh..! I know you may think this is a lame reason but it has left deep scars. Everyone is Dad's family thinks I am adopted they don't know my reality then too they don't treat me like their own. I don't want you to be treated like that." He said cupping my cheek and caressing it.

"When I say, I don't deserve you it is because I know you would be be way more happier with someone else. I don't know if I can ever believe that marriages work out but If I would ever want to believe it, I want to believe it with you." He said and I snapped my eyes towards his.

He was looking at me
With love?

"But you're father has gave you an ultimatem and I don't want to rush and end up having an unsuccessful marriage with you." He said still caressing my cheek.

"I want you to respect my decision." He said and a lump formed in my throat.

"I do respect your decision. Guess we were never meant to be together." I said with a dry chuckle.

"I just want this one week with you to be a memorable one. Want to see you smile more at me, annoy me more." He said with tears.

"Why?" I asked with my voice cracking.

"Because I want to remember your smiling face for the rest of my life. Not the face where you're crying and you leave from my door." He said chuckling.

At this point we both were crying.

"Maybe there will be some other man who would keep you happy in future but for me you are always going to be the only reason of my smile." He said smiling through tears.

He removed his wallet from his back pocket and opened it.
It had a picture of me smiling looking somewhere else.

"You had this all the time?" He just nodded and said
"Going to have it till I die."

He said and I hugged him tightly while crying.

Somethings are just not meant to be..!