Disappointed?

Aarav Kapoor

"Shanaya!" I called her again and she walked on the terrace.

I ran towards her and turned her towards me by holding her arm.
"What did he do?" I asked her getting angry and I noticed her eyes were brimmed with tears.

"Nothing." She said her voice croaking.

"What do you mean by nothing? He definitely did something or said something." I said still holding her.

"He did not do anything today. He did it years ago, Aarav." She said in a defeating  tone.

"Years ago?" I asked confused.

I left her arm and made her sit on the nearby bench.
"He is Raghav Agnihotri. The cheating, gold-digger shruti was talking about."

I swung my arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to me.
"Talk to me. You'll feel better. Don't keep it all inside you. It will eat you up everyday." I said to her.

"We were together for 3 years. The thing that he was not from our wealthy community made me like him more. I could be just me with him. Only Shanaya without the Oberoi name. Everything was fine when one day his mom was detected with blood cancer. This is what he told me and I being the stupid one believed him." She said with a dry chuckle.

I kept on rubbing her arm.

"He obviously did not have the money to treat it. I gave him the money. I had this habit of saving money. Dad used to deposit huge sum of money in my acc but I never used it. So, I gave him all my savings. But then that was not enough for him. A time came when he used to call me only for money. Nothing else. Everyone told me he was using me but I didn't believe them." She said and took a deep breath.

"I started altering my food schedule so that I could save every last penny to give it to him. There was a time when I just used have a sandwhich & coffee in a day."
She said chuckling.

"That is the reason you eat it all the time." I said chuckling.

"Yeah! Then dad came to meet me and he saw that I did lose a lot of weight and then he asked me. I ofcourse lied to him saying it is because of studies but then he put some female staff on work and made sure I eat on time." She said with a smile.

"This went on for like one and a half year. Then one certain day he just vanished. He was not at his home. Neither was his call reachable nor was he. I don't know where did he go but I being the crazy in love person told mom everything about it and she had his whereabouts tracked." She said and tears started falling from her eyes.

"Heyyyy! Sssshh...! Areeeey.... meri jaan don't cry. You're stronger than this." I said wiping her tears. Then I hugged her and she held me tightly.

"I am not crying." She said snuggling more into my chest and I just chuckled.

She left me and said "His mother never had blood cancer. He wanted money so he could go away to some other state with his actual girlfriend. After taking enough money from me he just started his own business which is now flourishing. He was always with me so he could use me." She said wiping her tears comtinuously.

"You know what the worst part is? Not that he took the money away. He just betrayed me so bad that I had to take therapy sessions for a year straight in my internship." She said closing her eyes and looking up at the sky.

"That is my weakness. I just trust too easily but I can't help it. That's how I am. I don't want to lose my charecter just because he betrayed me. My mom always says that not everyone has this ability to trust so easily and If I have it I shouldn't lose it for a douchebag like him." She said smiling.

I hugged her tightly again.
"Well I don't know if it is the right time to say this but you look extremely cute when you cry." I said flicking her nose.

She actually looked cute with the red nose and sniffling.

She is soo adorable!

And you are soo out of your mind!

She smacked my shoulder and said
"That's all you got to say? You won't tell me how stupid was I? How blind in love? Immature and other stuff." She asked keeping her head on my shoulder.

"Well! I've never consoled a crying woman except for my sisters. So I don't know what to say. And no I am not going to tell you how stupid were you." I said holding her close by her shoulder.

"Really?" She asked me smiling.

"Yeah! Really. Because you weren't stupid back then. You are stupid now too." I said with a serious expression.

It took her a while to register what I said and then I started laughing.

She glared at me and smacked my head hard.
"Owwww! You hit really hard." I winced rubbing my head and still laughing.

Huffing she got up to leave.
"You know you're an asshole, expressionless jerk, rock and— she started talking but I kept my finger on her lips.

"Sssshh.. You talk too much. I didn't like you crying. You can fight with me, hit me or do whatever you want If that makes you feel better." I said pulling her closer by her waist with my other hand.

She removed my finger and said
"Well! The Aarav I knew was never this sweet. Did you hit your head somewhere?" She asked smiling.

Maybe, I did!

The Aarav I knew was not this sweet either.

"Let's leave." She said dragging me.

"I'll ask someone to drop your car off. I don't want you driving." I said and made her sit on passenger seat of my car.

"You know?" She asked and I just hummed.

"You called me 'meri jaan' back there." She said wiggling her brows and I just looked at her flabstaggered.

Did I?

Ohh dude!
You're in deep shit.

"I don't remember calling you that. Maybe it just happened." I said shrugging but only I knew how profusely I was sweating internally.

I never call anyone by any nicknames except for my sisters!

"Okay." She said turning towards the window and looking
Disappointed?

When we reached our floor she turned towards her apartment and I turned towards mine.
A second later I turned towards her and called her
"Shanaya!" She immediately turned and raised her brows at me.

I gestured her to come towards me while I was walking towards her.

When she came and stood before me.
I embraced her tightly.

"Take care." I whispered and then kissed her forhead.

She just smiled at me and I think I just lost my ability to speak.

That's the kind of magic she has!

"Good night." She said smiling and walked backwards.

"And don't worry. I'll trouble you If I need anything, anytime." She said still smiling walking backwards to her apartment.

"Anytime." I said to her smiling and walked back to my apartment.

It is true!

Time flies!

7-8 months ago I was just irritated by the sight of her face and now look at me.

Being all cutesy & shit!