Don't go down the lane!

Shanaya Oberoi

I was casually drinking the chicken soup which ofcourse was made by Aarav and he was anxiously pacing around the living room.

"Aarav, can you just stop doing that? Sit here and eat something. You asshole, you've been pacing around like this since morning!" I yelled at him.

"I am just anxious! I don't want Shruti to get married to him." He said irritated.

Yeah! We actually called Shruti at his home with Ananya & Ahana.
We are going to tell her whatever we saw and obviously we have proof now. So, he is just getting tensed if she will trust it or not.

I got up from my seat, held his hand and dragged him towards the dinning table. I shoved him on one of the chairs and glared at him.

"Fine, I'll eat something. Stop throwing daggers at me." He said rolling his eyes and started eating his pasta.

"Shanaya, you're soo clumsy." He said irritated and picked a few tissues.

"What? What did I do now?" I asked him confused.

He just pushed my hair aside and that was when I noticed a few of my hair strands did fall in the soup bowl.
He quickly put the bowl aside and started wiping my hair strands with the tissues.

"You're just soo careless! I don't understand how have you been living alone all these years." He said with an incredulous expression his face and was fully concentrated on my hair.

I just smiled looking at him.
"Have I ever told you?" I asked him as he was done with my hair now.

"What?" He asked throwing the tissues in the bin.

"That you are too cute!" I said looking at him with my elbows on the table and face between my palms.

He just gave me one of his amazing dimpled smiles.

"I don't think I am." He said shaking his head with the same smile.

Arrghh!
Stop being cute!

"Why do you think so?" I asked him furrowing my brows.

"I know so." He said and continued eating his pasta.

"Maybe you haven't seen yourself with that dimpled smile of yours then. You should see it once. I think you would definitely lose your heart on it!" I said laughing.

"So are you losing your heart on it?" He asked laughing and I looked at him wide eyed.

Huh?
Did he just lose his mind?

Just then the doorbell rang and clearing my throat I vanished towards the door to open it.

"I've missed you soo much." Shruti said getting me in a hug.

"I missed you too. Why'd you not come to the club yesterday?" I asked her and they got in.

"I just didn't feel like it." She said shrugging.

"Bhaiiii!" Ananya screamed and leaped on Aarav and everybody just chuckled.

"Slow down there, Anu." He said laughing.

"I've missed you a lot!" She said pouting and the Ahana di seperated her from Aarav and said
"You've hugged enough. Even I missed him." Ahana said hugging him.

Shruti just laughed and said
"You know it is always like this. They never let me go to him first. They are always fighting who missed him more."

"Okay. Okay. I missed everyone too much now lets settle down. Can we?" Aarav asked.

"Yeah. But what is it that you called us for?" Ananya asked.

"We have to tell you guys something." Aarav said.

"We?" Ananya asked wiggling her brows at me.

"Yeah! I see something going on over here, huh!" Ahana joined her in the teasings.

I just stood there clueless and looked at Aarav but he was just busy
Blushing?

Can he get anymore cute?

I cleared my throat and put on the video on for them  to see.
"We wanted to show you this." I said and they all gasped looking at the video.
But shruti had no expression on her face.

"These are some of the pictures where he was busy shoving down his tongue in his girlfriend's throat!" Aarav said clenching his jaw.

"Shruti, say something." Ahana di said.

"Why are you guys doing this?" Shruti asked almost on the verge of crying.

Aarav kneeled down before her and held her hands.
"Shruti, understand this. If I want I can just break off this marriage at this instant without giving that bastard a reason. But I know that's not what you want. So, we are just trying to make you realise the truth."

"This is not the truth!" She yelled at him furiously.

"We saw him with our own eyes!" Aarav said still in his calm posture.

"I don't care! I know this is not the truth. Maybe this Shanaya bitch is just manipulating you. And you being the innocent one you are falling in her trap!" She yelled with tears running down her cheeks.

And I looked at her shocked.

"Shruti what are— i started but she interrupted me saying.

"Why are you doing this?" She yelled swatting away Aarav's hands and walking towards me.

"Shruti, I just want to see you happy. And he is cheating— I said holding her shoulder but she again interrupted me
"No! You never liked him from the start. Don't do this. Just because you had a cheating motherfucker in your life doesn't mean everyone is the same!"

I looked at her wide eyed and my eyes were filled with tears now.

She did not just bring that up!

"Shruti." I said in a choked voice.

"What? That's the truth. Your choice in guys was bad. You got a cheating manipulative gold digging bastard doesn't mean my fiance is the same too." She said and I did not realise when tears started flowing from my eyes.

"Shruti, what the hell are you talking?" Aarav said raising his voice.

"Shruti it is just wrong to bring up someone's  past relationship like that." Ahana di said to her.

"Listen to them. They said that they've seen them. Why would they lie?" Ananya said to her.

"Maybe because she is jealous that the person she thought she would marry actaully just left her hanging and vanished from her life." Shruti yelled and by now I was already too damn emotional because of her bringing up my past.

"Shanaya— Aarav said & started walking towards me but I just showed him my palm gesturing him to stop.

"I am sorry for everything. I did not mean to interfere." I said and turned around to leave when Aarav held my hand

"Shanaya, I'm— he started but I took away my hand from his hold and wiped my tears.

"It's not your fault. I'll be fine . Don't worry." I said and ran towards my apartment.

The person she thought she would marry actually just left her hanging and vanished from her life.

You got a cheating manipulative gold digging bastard!

Her words were ringing in my ears and continuous tears were flowing down my cheeks.

Don't go down the lane!

You're stronger than this!