Don't get distracted!

Shanaya Oberoi

"Where are you lost?" Aarav asked.
He was preparing spaghetti for our dinner.
And as usual I was sitting on the counter swinging my legs.

"Why are you stressing that little brain of yours." He asked.

And I narrowed my eyes at him.
"I was thinking about Shruti." I said still thinking about whatever happened the other day.

"I apologise on her— He started and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Shut up." I said interrupting him.

"There is something which she is hiding from us. I don't know what it is and we really need to find it out." I said.

"Even I think so. I heard her conversation on call with someone and it sounded shady. But how are you so sure?" He asked me.

"She can never bring up my past. I know her. She just did it so we could get distracted from the Pratik fiasco. She did not for once say that the tape was not true or edited or anything like that. She just said I was trying to put things into your mind." I said thinking about it.

"Yaa but it could be because she was angry on you. How are you so sure she was distracting you?" He asked.

He has soo many questions!

"Because she was there with me when I was going through my therapy sessions. It is not possible that she brings up Raghav just because she was angry at me!" I said raising my voice a bit.

Just then the door bell rang and Aarav said "I'll take it." He said and left wiping his hands.

I heard Shruti's voice from the living room. I got down the counter and went towards the living room.
I saw shruti standing over there with Aarav smiling.

I turned towards the door when Shruti called me "Shana."

I turned towards her shocked.

"Uhh... I wanted to talk to you." She said hesitating.

"Yeah. Go ahead. I'll take care of the dinner." Aarav said and left for kitchen. I just glared at him for leaving me alone in this situation.

And he just winked at me in return.

Jerk!

Wait! Wait!
Hold on!

Aarav winked at me!

This has to be a bluemoon day!

"Shana, I am really sorry for the other day. I know I crossed my limit by bringing up your— she started and I interrupted her.

"Shruti, there is nothing to be sorry about. I just want you to be happy. If you are happy knowing the fact that he is cheating on you I have no problem with that." I  said to her and she looked at me wide eyed.

I walked towards her and held her shoulders.
"I know that you are very well aware of the fact that he is cheating on you. If you are okay with it we are also fine with it."
I said and released her shoulders.

"Shana, you are misunderstanding it. He is not cheating on me." She said lowering her gaze.

"The day you tell me this lie confidently with eye contact, I am going to believe you and not interfere in your matters. But for now you should know I am not giving up." I said and she just sighed.

"Okay fine! Leave it. You remember right we are leaving for panchgani this weekend. When are you going to come?" She asked me.

"I'll come with myra & daksh after a week. Don't worry everything is going to be fine." I said hugging her.

She smiled at me but it was not the usual Shruti smile. Her smile would lit up the whole environment and now a days that smile is almost rare from her.

"The dinner is ready!" Aarav announced and we were headed towards the dining room.
.
.
.
We were on our way for Panchagani where Shruti's wedding was going to be held.
And I was hell bent on exposing that bastard Pratik.

My phone started ringing and I smiled looking at the caller id.

I did miss him!
A bit!

"Don't you think you are missing me too much?" I asked answering the call with a smile.

Daksh was busy talking with Myra so he wasn't paying attention.

"Not at all. I just called you to ask when are you guys reaching here?" He asked.

"In 15 mins." I said with a constant smile on my face.

"Ohh that's great! Actually I needed a few things from the nearby supermart just get them along. I'll send you the list." He said and hung up.

Huh?
The same old jerk!

We reached the villa which was booked by them for the wedding.

Shruti came and lunged at me.
"Why are you soo late? I've been waiting since forever. I was bored."She said hugging me.

"I thought everyone will be busy. Here you are bored." I said to her hugging her back.

"Yeah! Actually everyone is out for some or the other preparations. Only Aarav bhai is there in the villa and he is also busy with some bookings." She said with a bored expression.

"Yeah! Even I was totally bored. I mean I had to travel with Daksh & Myra. They are busy in their own world all the time." I said rolling my eyes.

"Then you should search for someone for yourself too!" Myra said smacking my head.

And then I saw Aarav coming towards us. He gave Daksh a bro hug and then walked towards me.

"See! I told you. You would miss me." I said with a grin.

"Arrghh! Just hand me the things I told you to bring. I did not even miss you a bit." He said rolling his eyes playfully.

"You're an asshole!" I said smacking his shoulder.

"Go & search for your things on your own. I am not giving it to you." I said glaring at him and when I was going to walk ahead he held my hand and brought me back.

"I am not letting you go. Give me those things." He said with a simle.

Shana!
Don't get distracted!

"I am not going to melt with that dimpled smile of yours. Get aside. I am not giving you anything." I said glaring at him and he just stood there with a smile.

"Honestly, I did miss you. But it was just a bit. A tiny bit." He said still smiling.

"I don't care. Leave my hand & let me go." I said still glaring at him.

He pulled me towards him and hugged me.
My arms instantly went around his torso and he placed his head in the crook of my neck.

"Umm hmm.... Feels nice." He said bringing me closer and I just blushed.

What is with this change?

Someone cleared their throat and I retreated quickly.

"You guyss can enjoy your little moment in your rooms, you know. Because mom is on the way. She might want you two to get married if she sees you like this." Ahana di said laughing and went.

Aarav just rolled his eyes.

Ofcourse!
Atlast it is the best thing he can do!