What's wrong with me?

Aarav Kapoor

     Just when shanaya left my apartment, I got a call from the hospital for an emergency. It took almost 6 hours and right now I am damn tired.

I don't understand what's going on with shruti.
She was always the sensible one amoung us.

What's wrong with her?

And the way she was talking to shanaya. I didn't know one bit of what she is talking but Ofcourse it would be hurting if anyone brings up the past which is horrible.

I don't know why I wasn't able to see her tears.

It was all my fault!

I should have never pulled her into this. She wouldn't have been crying and hurt if she wasn't involved in this.

I just banged my hand on the steering wheel in frustration.

I need to see her right now!

When I reached my floor the first thing I did was ring her apartment's doorbell.
I rang it for like 10 times but there was no response. I punched in the passcode furiously and opened the door.

Calling her name I started searching for her and then I heard songs from a balcony. I went towards the balcony and saw her there.

Gardening?

She was sitting there and doing her gardening stuff. She had put on a messy bun and her hands were all dirty because of the mud. The music was blaring real loud.

And here I was worried sick for her!

I went and switched off the music player.
She turned around abruptly and that is when I saw her face.

Swollen & red eyes. She had been crying for a long time.

Damn you shruti!
Why such a low blow?

"I was ringing your doorbell since forever." I said glaring at her.

"The music was loud. I didn't hear it." She said in a very distant tone which made me worry more.

Because the Shanaya I knew would have teased me about how I was missing her and stuff. But here she is just plain ignoring me.

"Can you just stop doing whatever you are doing? Talk to me for a while." I asked annoyed.

"No." She replied shortly.

God!
This stubborn girl!

"Shanaya." I called her and she looked at me and sighed

"Aarav, I need to be alone. I am not in the mood right now." She said and turned back to her gardening.

"I don't care. I want to talk to you right now!" I said being stubborn.

She got up and went towards the washroom, i guess.

I took the time to observe her mini garden. She had beautiful flowers the ones which which are very rare too. No doubt she takes care of them ver dearly.

"What is it?" She asked wiping her hands on a towel.

"Why don't you have roses over here? I mean, rose is the most common flower anyone would plant." I asked confused.

"I am allergic to them." She said and sat down on a nearby chair.

"Did you have your dinner?" I asked sitting beside her.