Hella heart eyes for you!

Shanaya Oberoi

          I was sleeping on my mom's lap after a long long time.
"Shana, I know something is wrong with you, I could make it out from your voice that is the reason I came over." Mom said caressing my hair.

I just buried my head in her stomach and nodded in a no but ofcourse when you are on your mother's lap you can't possibly lie to her.

My tears started spilling.
"Baby, everything is fine. Is it about Raghav again?" She asked caressing my hair.

"I don't know mom! When those memories come back I just can't control myself. I am over him, I know. But the betrayal i can never forget it, mom!" I said still crying.

"Shana, you should know who is worth your time, effort, love. I am sure some day you'll meet someone who will show you what a real man is and to what extent he can go for you." Mom said still caressing my hair.

"I don't want any man in my life, now!" I groaned.

"Why can't I just live with you for my whole life? Why do I have to go away to someone's house and make it mine?" I asked frustrated.

Whenever my past comes before me I just feel so emotionally exhausted that I can't even explain.

"So that you have someone to hold you in your good or bad days, forever!"She said chuckling.

I groaned again.
"What if I don't find someone? What if there is no one who could handle me?" I asked.

"You're not that difficult to handle. There will be someone out there who can put up with you." She said laughing and for a fleeting second Aarav came to my mind.

Well!
He does put up with me.

So, I'm sure I am not that difficult to handle.

"Shanaya." I heard Aarav's voice and  I turned towards the door to see him entering with a bowl in his hands.

"Umm hmm. I am sorry." He said clearing his throat and turned around to leave.

"Aarav." My mom called and I got up from her lap and sat hugging my knees to my chest.

"Why are you leaving? Come in." Mom said.

"No, no. I am sorry to disturb you both. I just came here to give her this." He said keeping the bowl on the dining table.

"Have a seat. I was leaving anyways." Mom smiled at him and then winked at me.

What?
Seriously?

"What is that btw?" Mom asked.

"Ohh that's caramel custard. I made it for her." Aarav said to my mom and I choked on my own spit.

Why is he telling this to mom?

I am never going to hear the end of it!

"Ohhhh." Mom said giving a very sly smile  to me.

"You guys continue then, I'll be leaving. I have an appointment." Mom said getting up.

"Mom, go safe. Text me when you reach." I said hugging her.

"Take care." She said kissing my forhead and left.

"Why did you tell mom that you made caramel custard for me?" I asked glaring at him.

"Why? What's— he said but I interrupted him when realisation hit me.

"You made caramel custard?" I asked with a wide grin on my face and ran towards the dining table.