Silly girl!

Aarav Kapoor

I stood there irritated as Shanaya came and stood behind me clutching my shirt tightly in her fists and said
"What are you looking at? Please! Do something about it. I hate them."

"What to do you take me as? I don't know what to do to make that lizard go away." I said rolling my eyes.

"Aarav! For the hundreth time I am telling you this. Don't take the creepy creatures name!" She said annoyed.

Where am I stuck?

Why did I even bother to come here to return her sling bag at the first place?

She peeked through my shoulder and started screaming "Oh my god! Aarav it is moving. Shit! Shit! Shit!"  She just buried her face in my back and I stiffened.

I wasn't uncomfortable like all the other times I was when some girl made any kind of physical contact with me. I was just shocked.

"God, woman! Just stop yelling in my ears. I am definitely going to turn deaf!" I said covering my ears with my palm.

When I looked towards the lizard it was already gone.

Thank God!

"Shanaya, It's gone."  I told her.
"No you're lying!" She said in a muffled tone with her head still buried in my back.

I flexed my arm behind me and pulled her by her hand to make her stand before me.
I turned her around towards the wall and she was still standing with her eyes tightly shut.

I just kept my hands on both of her shoulder and whispered in her ear "Shanaya open your eyes."

"I swear you would be a dead meat if you're lying, Aarav." She said and her eyes still shut.

I just took this oppurtunity to admire her features.

She is too beautiful!
Too much!

I inhaled her fragrance and a whiff of lavender entered my nose.

Oh my god!
What's wrong with me?

"Thank god, she is gone!" Shanaya said with a sigh.

I cleared my throat and left her shoulders.

Again it was awkward only for me because I was the one staring at her or rather admiring her.

Then I saw open packet of instant noodles on her kitchen slab.
"Don't tell me you were having instant noodles for dinner." I said furrowing my brows.

"Yeah! What's wrong in that?" She asked and started making her instant noodles.

I just held her hand and seperated her from the stove.
"You have low sugar issues. You should have healthy diet." I said giving her an exasperated look.

"Awww! Are you worried about me?" She said pinching my cheeks and teasing me.

I just smiled at her childishness.

Silly girl!

"I am not worried about you. I don't want you falling unconscious on me again." I said rolling my eyes.

"Such a dork!" She said scowling at me.

"Stop making those noodles and make something healthy." I said to her in a stern voice.

"See, If you think that I can cook and save my life then you are wrong. This is the first ever time that I've boiled those noodles without burning my hand." She said.

And I looked at her shocked.

"Get away from the stove!" I ordered her.

"Oh hello Mr.! You can't just order me around standing in my apartment." She said narrowing her eyes at me.

"Well practically, This is my apartment." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Now get away from the stove and let me make something for you." I said rolling my sleeves upto my elbows.

"What? Do you want me to die of a heart attack? You cooking for me. I thought you hate me." She said dramatically.

"I don't hate you. I just find you annoying." I said rolling my eyes.

"One more time you roll your eyes at me, I swear I am going to snatch those eyeballs out." She said scowling.

"Stop with your useless arguments and get aside." I said moving towards her cabinets.

"Do you have anything except for these packaged foods?" I asked irritated.

Her cabinets were full of packaged and ready to make things.

"No! Because I don't cook. In breakfast i just have a cup of coffee and oats. Lunch I have in canteen and for dinner I order take out." She said shrugging.

I just shook my head at her.
"Come, let's go to my place. I don't think I can make anything healthy for you with whatever stuff you have." I said and turned to leave.

"Just remember one thing. You stay at your home. I stay at mine. Don't come running to me with your problems because I am your landlord." Shanaya mimicked what I said on the day we had the first encounter in the lift.

"I think I can manage for this one time." I said shrugging.

"No. I don't want to annoy you anymore. I'll manage." She said and I did the most unexpected thing.
I held her wrist and started walking towards her door.

"I think you've got exchanged somewhere." She said and I again rolled my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me!" She yelled at me.

"You can't even see my face!" I said.

"Then too, I know you are rolling your eyes at me." She said huffing.

I opened my apartment's door and left her hand.
"What would you eat?" I asked her.

"Whatever you'll make I'll be fine. I am not very choosy with food." She said shrugging and made herself comfortable on the couch.

Mannerless!

"You should have basic manners of asking before getting comfortable on the couch, you know." I said walking towards the kitchen.

"Why are you soo grumpy all the time?" She asked and sat on the kitchen counter.

Please help me!
It was really distracting to see her sitting on the kitchen counter while I was cooking.

I've never had anyone around me while cooking so this is something new to me.

"I am not grumpy. You talk too much!" I said while washing the vegetables.

"I'll chop the veggies if you want." She said getting down from the counter.

After numerous glares from me and silly jokes from her we finished cooking and sat on the dinning table.

"This tastes heaven!" She said moaning after the first bite.

"I swear Aarav, i can get married to you if you agree on making me this vegetable rice every day." She said still moaning and I choked on my food and started coughing vigorously.

I don't think she realised what she said because she was still busy savouring the dish.

This girl!

"Take this." She said handling me a glass of water and patting my back.

"I am fine." I said clearing my throat.

Again awkward!