What the actual fuck?

Aarav Kapoor

Today was the most dreadful day. I had to attend this anniversary party of my mom and so called Dad.
The only good thing about it was I'll get to meet my sweetheart.

My elder sister.

My mom insisted me to come home at morning itself and I had to agree because she was being the typical indian mom by blackmailing me with her tears!

I was walking down the staircase of our home or our mansion I might say. It was beautiful like a house you would always dream about having.
But these stairs, these walls reminded me my childhood. Reminded me how I've never experienced father's affection.
I don't know how does it feel when your father looks up to you with proud eyes.

Don't dream too much!
You're never going to have that!

It was true. I have made peace with the fact. And honestly I like it this way because I can never make amends with my father.

I hate him with all my guts!

"Bhai...!" Ananya screamed and hopped on my back. I was quick to hold her by the back of her knees.
"Ananya you're not a kid anymore. You've become soo heavy!" I whined and she smacked my shoulder.

"First you've come home after sooo long and then you talk rudely to me." She said whining.

She is my 20 year old sister who still behaves as an 10 year old.

"Bhai! I am telling you this time you have to set her straight. You've spoiled her soo much. She is a pain in my ass! You and Ahana di are living you're life happily and left this garbage for me." Shruti said scowling at Ananya.

I just laughed at their bickering. This is the only reason I like getting back home.

My sisters!

Though Shruti is 25 year old and very mature but still she bickers with Ahana on every single thing.
Nonetheless they love each other.

"Ohh please, then I'll tell mom to find a husband for you so that you can also live your life happily." Ananya said sticking her tongue out. But shruti gave her a horrid look.

"Enough of it, Ananya. Why are you not dressed? Go, get ready. The party will be starting." I said keeping her down and she ran towards her room.

I just kept a hand on Shruti's shoulder and said "Shruti are you alright?"

"Yess bhai, everything is alright? Why would you ask?" She said trying her best to convince me but I could see she was tensed about something.

Though I have moved out now and don't meet them often, I know my sisters like the back of my hand. I know when there is something wrong.

"I just thought that you have something going on which is troubling you and then when Ananya talked about finding husband you just had a horrid look." I said to her.

"No, It is nothing like that. I'll just be back. I have to look into some preparations." She said scurried away.

I should talk to Ahana about this maybe Shruti will be comfortable sharing it with her.

The party started and was going on in full swing.
"Hey, Asshole." I heard a voice calling me and I turned around to find Abhi grinning at me.

"When did you come back?" I asked going towards him and he pulled me in a brotherly hug.
"Don't choke me, you jerk." I said pushing him away.