Me getting married?

Aarav Kapoor

I am sure Ahana & Shanaya both are going to eat me alive.
I was supposed to reach the charity event like an hour before but because of an emergency I couldn't.
After finishing with the surgery, I had to get back home to change into the tuxedo and then reach the venue.

Parking the car I was headed to the event.
I saw Shruti talking on call with someone in a corner.

I started walking towards her and heard her talking
"Please, don't do this to me." She said in a desperate voice and I stood there frozen on my place.

"I am doing whatever you want. Don't do it." She said and hung up the call.

"Shruti." I said and she turned around she looked at me terrified.

"Aarav bhai." She said hugging me.

I encircled my arms around her and asked her "Who were you talking to? And what was the conversation about?" I asked her furrowing my brows.

"Ohh! Nothing. It was about a project. The deadline is near and my colleague insists on submitting her project so I am just trying to delay it a little." She said smiling and moved back.

"Okay." I said not at all convinced. It is not possible that she has some deadline and she is attending a charity event over here.

I know her!

She is hiding something.

"Let's go in." I said holding her hand and leading her inside.

"Ahana di is furious at you." Shruti said laughing.

"Ohh I know. But don't worry. I'll manage her." I said smiling.

The moment I entered my eyes started scanning the crowd for a certain brown eyed girl but I didn't find her anywhere.

Just then I saw Abhi, Daksh and Ahana standing with each other.
"Ohh! So now you are here. You knew this was a very important event to me. Mom & Dad have never been with me in any such events. Now you too." Ahana said furious at me.

I side hugged her and said
"I am sorry sweetheart. I was in a surgery."

"This is the reason I hate this profession. First mom, dad. Now you!" She said glaring at me.

"How dare you make a pregnant woman angry?" Abhi asked fake glaring at me.

"As if you're any better. Fucker!" She yelled at him.

"Okay. Okay. Calm down. We need to rescue Shanaya from those aunties." Daksh said laughing.

I turned and saw her standing with 3 aunties with a very fake smile on her face.
She looked mesmerising in the white dress of hers. Her hair were in an half updo.
"I think I can do that." I said to them and started moving towards her.

"Excuse me, ladies." I said to them and then held my hand before Shanaya
"Can I have a dance with you?" I asked her.

"Ofcourse if you all don't mind." I said to the ladies with a smile.

"Oh no no! Why would we mind? We were telling her how she should get married to someone now. Maybe you can be the one." One of the ladies said and I saw shanaya rolling her eyes.
I stiffled my laugh.

Me getting married?
Going to happen in parallel universe!

She gave her hand in mine and I lead her towards the dance floor.
"We were supposed to come to the event together! And you just ditched me." She said glaring at me and I kept her hand on my shoulder and mine on her waist.

I just chuckled and said
"Emergency."

"You could've informed me that you were going to be late. I called you for I don't even remember how many times." She said glaring at me and I just smiled at her.

I know she would forget everything after that smile of mine.

The song started playing.
Aankhon mein teri...
Ajab si, ajab si, adaayein hain
Ho...
ankhon mein teri...
ajab si, ajab si, adaayein hain
Dil ko bana dein jo patang
Saansein ye teri vo hawaayein hain

We both were busy looking at each other while dancing.

"You know the first time we met, we hated each other's existence." I said chuckling.

"Ohh please! I never hated your existence you did." She said rolling her eyes.

Aayi aisi raat hai jo
Bohat khush-naseeb hai
Chaahe jisse door se duniya
Vo mere kareeb hai
Kitna kuch kehna hai
Fir bhi hai dil mein sawaal kaheen
Sapnon mein jo roz kaha hai
wo phir se kahun Ya nahee

Aankhon mein teri
Ajab si, ajab si, adaayein hain
Ho...
ankhon mein teri
ajab si, ajab si, adaayein hain
Dil ko bana dein jo patang
Saansein ye teri vo hawaayein hain

"We've come a long way." She said chuckling.

We did!

Tere saath saath aisa
Koi noor aaya hai
Chaand teri raushni ka
Halka sa ik sayaa hai
Teri nazron ne dil ka kiya jo hasharr
Asarr ye hua
Ab inmein hi doobke ho jaaun paar
Yehi hai dua

Aankhon mein teri
Ajab si, ajab si, adaayein hain
Ho...

"So, according to the aunties over there we are probably going to get married." She said laughing.

"Well, I don't mind though. If I am going to get to eat your handmade food." She said still laughing.

And I did not want to be a spoilsport by saying whatever I was going to but It was necessary for my mental peace.

"You know me. I won't get married. Marriage leads to the risky habit of relying on one individual for every emotional need." I said and she stopped laughing.
Before she could say something the partners changed and she was in someone else's arms.

I didn't even look at the girl standing there with me and said to her
"Sorry. I'll have to go." And turned around.
I don't know how to dance.
And the only person I can dance with is Shanaya.

I was headed towards the bar and asking the bartender for a drink I gulped it in one go.

What is happening to me?

When I turned to look at her, I saw her looking at the man holding her with fury in her eyes.

She was trying to escape the man's hold and he was still holding her tight.

That Asshole!

I walked towards them and seperated him from her.
I looked at Shanaya and she was throwing fire with her eyes.

"Stay in your limits." She yelled at him and before I could ask her anything she started running towards.

"What did you do?" I asked the man glaring at him.

"Dude! It is none of your business." He said and I felt like punching the fuck out of him.

But right now, Shanaya was more important for me.

"Shanaya." I yelled and followed her but she was too fast.
Yelling her name i ran behind her.