Pride comes first!

Author-chan is dead. Her spirit is talking to you. Chapter 42 is out and we hope you like it!

I don't own One Piece but I do own the OC and extra characters.

HAVE FUN!

(Have fun for me too T-T)

*I can't believe she was the whole night with this stupid! At least she could inform us, she was fine...*, Law thought walking towards home holding his bike on the left side, through the forest.

The boy preferred to wander alone for the moment and get his thoughts in order so as to have a cool head by the time he arrives on his destination.

He couldn't believe the situation had changed so much in only one day between them because of a silly misunderstanding. It wasn't his intention after all to happen so why something like that should bother him?

He remembered the deadly glare Elga sent him, previously the same morning with furious unforgiving eyes. But there was clearly also another one emotion apparent. She was sad and only the image of her gaze on his mind, made his heart ache for a moment.

He left a sigh escape his lips irritated by her words and behavior. Why couldn't she just act mature and have a decent conversation with him other than jump into illogical conclusions?

Did this event really destroyed every progress he managed to build over those past few months they got to live together?

A deep frown sculptured on his face as he mentally scolded himself.

He couldn't let his pride down or else the girl would gain a huge advantage on him and she already have crossed the line by far. He decided he would never bring this subject on the surface and let Elga make the first move since she is the one who has the problem.

When did she begin having so much effect over him? If she wants to follow this way, she is free to do so, as there are no hard feelings between them.

He left another sigh, trying simultaneously to send away all of these disturbing thoughts with the exhaling air, out of his system.

*Women...*, that was the best explanation for him and stopped overthinking the topic, continuing his way.

~...~

Elga found herself stuck on the same page for over than 10 minutes straight. It wasn't like the included information were difficult to learn, but her mind was too troubled to even concentrate. Moreover the fact that Cynthia who was sitting right in front of her, signing up the treatment's paperwork while glancing at her face at times, didn't help at all.

"You are reading this page for quite some time now... What is troubling you, doctor?" the red haired woman asked curious.

"Nothing..." the said girl answered fighting back rolling her eyes in annoyment.

"Well, I'm not convinced. You should know first-hand that it is not good for your mental health to keep your problems for yourself."

Elga just kept silent at her words and lowered her gaze, feeling the sadness and the sense of betrayal overwhelm her heart remembering the last night's scene.

"I guess it has to do with Law-kun, right?" Cynthia continued and the brunette nodded her head positively.

"I-I saw him kissing another girl..." she confessed in a whisper, feeling the need to get this out of her chest.

Cynthia acknowledged her trust and gave her time to pick of the right words and explain the situation.

"I-I went to take snacks and when I came back I saw him with Lana..." she continued and Cynthia widened her eyes snorting.

Then, Elga lifted her head to face the chuckled woman in front of her confused. What was so funny after all?

"I-I'm so s-sorry Elga-chan I j-HAHAHHAHA just can't HAHHA imagine Lana-chan and Law-kun together! Hashanah Oh my..." she said swiping her tears and trying to calm herself.

"Well at least someone of us is having fun with it!"

"Don't get me wrong sweetheart, there must definitely be some kind of misunderstanding! Law-kun would never have feelings for Lana! I mean they are the complete opposite!" she cleared up and took the girl's hand into her palms. "In my opinion you should talk with him."

"There is no way I will do something like that! It was his fault after all for not clarifying his feelings to Lana. Also he had no reason to behave like that and he should be the one to approach me and ask for forgiveness." she replied taking her hand back and crossing them in front of her chest.

"Sometimes we need to shallow our pride for the ones we love and make the first move or else it will lead nowhere..."

"Hmph, love?! That's a huge word to name my feelings and at the moment they certainly are far from that!" she responded and stood up to exit the room irritated.

"Elga-chan wait!"

"Thank you for the backing but I really need some alone time..." she replied back and stepped on the main corridor, closing the door behind her.

~...~

The brunette was walking inside the small clinic and she turned on her left so as to visit the operation room, knowing there weren't any planned surgeries and so no one would need the place.

However, being the clumsiest person around the whole North blue, she bumped into someone and was about to fall on her butt at the floor when two strong arms held her safely.

"My, my... you really need to pay a better attention on your surroundings, Elga-chan!" the voice said and Elga opened her eyes to face the person in front of her.

"Ahh, it is you! Brake!"

"Who? My name is Blake!"

"Whatever..."

The boy couldn't help but sweatdrop and helped the girl step on her feet again.

"Thanks for that I guess..." she answered carving a sheepish smile on her lips.

"My pleasure to help such a beautiful lady! On your service!" he replied back and made a small theatrical bow without breaking eye contact with the said girl.

Elga smiled back and began walking again when he help again her hand and stopped her.

The girl sighed irritated not liking the sudden physical touch and turned her serious gaze on him, trying to show the last amount of patience.

"What now?"

"Is that young man from previously bothering you?", he questioned her with a deadly look, remembering Law's attitude on his mind.

"Very."

"Do you need me to take care of it?"

Elga thought about his suggestion for a moment maintaining a blank face.

"Can you make it look like an accident?"

"I DIDN'T MEAN TO KILL HIM!"

"Oh..." she replied dissatisfied by his response. "Then, no I'm ok... Why did you even interfere in the first place? We both know we didn't spend the night together and I wasn't drunk!"

"Well..." he started to say taking the girl's hand and pierced her eyes with his own golden eyes full of passion. "A woman should never explain her actions. This is my manly way!" he explained and went to kiss her hand but Elga took it back before it touches his lips, with a disgusted expression on her face.

"This is bullshit... How much time did you say you will work here?" she asked rolling her eyes.

"My aunt needs help so I guess I will get stuck for a bit. Don't worry we will have enough time to know each other." he answered and winked an eye on her.

"Your aunt?"

"Yeah, Dulcinea is my aunt!"

"Perfect..." she groaned the word ironically and left the spot raising her hands, giving up on life.