Books hold memories of the past

Hey there! New chapter is out as I promised yesterday! I hope you are all doing well and I thank you sooo much for your precious patience on my slow updates! I started writing my thesis in nursing school last week and in combination with the study for medical school's enter exams, I have limited free time for myself. Though with this chapter I hope your waiting was worthy!

Let's start, shall we?

I don't One Piece but I do own the plot, OC and extra characters!

Have fun~

Elga was looking at the lifeless corpse of the girl right in front of her completely shocked.

"Elga-san, isn't it?"

The brunette turned to her left so as to face a man approaching her.

"Yes and you must be officer Larry, right?"

"Yeah... this is quite a murder don't you think?"

"I don't remember witnessing something so cruel to be honest..." the girl answered holding back with difficulty an urge to puke at the sight of a girl not older than her age, laying dead on the snowy ground with her throat sliced from ear to ear and all of her blood drained.

The brunette felt goosebumps on her spine and shivered feeling sorry for the other girl.

"Elga-chan you must be cold! Here take my coat." Blake said observing the girl's reaction and brought his upon her shoulders.

Elga felt the cozy warmth embracing her torso and gave a smile at the red haired as a reply for his gentle action.

The boy winked her in response and smirked back.

Suddenly, a cough caught their attention and both of them turned their heads only to face Law wearing a poker face while glaring them.

Elga focused her gaze sideways annoyed by the said boy's presence and decided not to talk to him but walk towards officer Larry.

"What do you think happened?" she asked putting her mind in thought in an effort to forget her personal problems and be useful.

"The girl's name is Belle and she was declared missing for two weeks now. I don't know how I am supposed to announce those bitter news on her family." he said leaving a sigh escape his lips while massaging his forehead.

Law who was kneeled down examining the body made an infuriated frown and put on a pair of plastic medical gloves to touch the deep wound on the neck.

It seemed strangely professional like the killer had done this before. A confident slice and definitely had the essential anatomical knowledge to know where to cut so as to drain the victim's blood.

The raven haired calculated quickly the time of death and it shouldn't be more than 7 hours considering the freezing cold and the environment the body was exposed.

This fact meant in the girl's position that was laying motionless in front of him could be Elga. He immediately repelled from his tired mind this fear, remembering how ridiculously worried was last night because of her absence and all the thoughts with the worst scenarios he had put in his brain.

He turned his head and glanced at her feeling at least relieved she was fine.

Elga felt his eyes piercing her back and turned to face him in a blank expression. They locked their gazes for some seconds and then looked elsewhere breaking the contact awkwardly.

However, the girl decided to walk at him approaching the corpse and do the first step or else they would never manage to work together again under those conditions.