The Last Goodnight(?)

Helloooo everyone! Sooo I'm here with a new chapter! I don't know if you even read author's notes at the beginning of the chapter Hahah. I usually don't looool haha. I admit that, I just want to read the chapter XD. BUT I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU ALL!

And I really love your marvelous comments too!

SO DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE ONE!

That's all for now folks!

I hope you like this chapter and I'm waiting for reactions xD.

Law took off his rubber gloves and threw them in a rubbish bin, inside Volff's quarters.

He covered again the old man with his blanket until his chest and sat on a chair beside him.

"Everything seems to be fine... It just needs time for your junky bone to recover its stability." he informed his patient.

Volff frowned in annoyment at the boy's words and looked at him.

"I didn't miss your rudeness at all!"

The boy smirked at him amused for teasing him.

"How is the girl?"

"I'm going to check on her after you but something tells me it will be the last time I will do that." he answered and looked at him.

"Her back doesn't hurt her at all and the surgery wound is healed..." he explained.

Volff observed his eyes and they weren't as bright as usual when a patient of his from the clinic, gets cured. He could tell the teenager in front of him was troubled about something.

"So, that means she can leave now, right?" the elder asked.

Law lowered his head and focused his gaze elsewhere.

"Yeah, I guess..." he replied but deep inside he hoped the girl would still feel some pain during the examination so he could order her to lie on her place for some more days.

On the other hand, as a doctor he was feeling remorse for wishing something like that for his patient as that she was supposed to be from the beginning.

However, she was a nice company despite all of their arguments. He could talk about medical things with her and she was an interesting person after all.

"What about staying here?" Volff questioned Law again and the boy looked at him surprised.

"Well, she saved my life and I must keep the rule... Give and Take... you know! Is not like I'm suggesting this because I'm a good person! Don't get the wrong idea... I don't need other lazy heads inside this house." he continued.

"She will return in her family." the boy answered remembering the girl's response when he asked her about this topic, previously the same day. He wasn't still sure, though, if she was telling the truth as he had this weird feeling about her answer.

"Hmm, that's good... I will ask her then what she needs in return tomorrow morning when I feel a little better."

"Do as you wish..." he replied and stood up to leave the room.

"Just tell her to visit me tomorrow!"

"Alright, Mr. Junk!" he said and closed the door on time before he gets a book on his head.

~...~

Law entered the living room and found Elga studying a medical book about digestive system and the functions of each organ.

"That's a good one. It explains pathophysiology in detail." he commented to break the silence.

"Yeah..." she just said back still being focused on her book.