Mission Cookie!

Hey there my beloved readers! New chapter is out and a bit longer than the others! Yayyy!

Don't forget to leave a comment as I love reading them!

I don't own OP but I do own the OC and extra characters.

Also I don't own the fanart as always I found it on pinterest!

Have fun! Love ya all!

"Aya! Isn't it great to be altogether again around the table? It feels like centuries since we did that!" Volff said in a fresh energetic vibe, placing the fried pieces of bacon at the table near the eggs.

"You are exaggerating. It has only been two days and last time I checked we were too loud for your liking!" Law commented while hiding a smirk behind his newspaper.

"Hmph, you always have a reply don't ya?!"

The scene was no different from the other mornings with the cousins fighting over a plus portion of food, Bepo having enough with those two, Law reading his newspaper while drinking his dark bitter coffee and Elga...

Well Elga looked at her empty plate for about 10 minutes straight.

That was something that didn't go unnoticed by the others, but yet decided to act normal for the moment and try to cheer her up.

"Lassy, ya're goin to pierce some holes on the plate if ya continue starin at it! Here have some food on ya stomach!" he caught her attention and placed two eggs and some bacon on her plate.

"Ahh I must have spaced out, I'm sorry!" she replied a bit taken aback by the elder's move of affection.

When did actions like this one make her feel surprised?

"Hmph, why are you sorry for lassy? Are ya becoming Bepo now?" Volff commented again laughing but the girl seemed to turn even more shy and embarrassed.

Law glanced over her stiff figure realizing that there must be a problem far more concerning than he thought.

The said girl he knew those past months would laugh back with her heart or replied with a teasing yet loving comment about the said bear.

Were the words he had spoken last night so distractive for her self- esteem that he didn't even realize he broke something inside her?

"Elga-ya, what would you say to go for work together today?" the young doctor asked the girl but she just closed her eyes and kept being silent.

*He is probably worried something will happen to you... I am such a burden to him...*, the girl thought and stood up from her seat.

"I will be alright, you don't have to get anxious about me. Moreover you don't have any surgeries today so there is no reason for you to go this early at work." she explained placing her plate on the sink.

Law glanced at Penguin and the older boy encouraged him with his gaze and a nob to continue the talk.

"I have some paperwork that need to be done!" he answered and stood up too, putting the newspaper down.

"Ahh look at the time! It is early enough to go from that nice route! You know Law that one which is a bit longer but this time of season, winter roses bloom everywhere! I am sure it is a nice way to begin your day!" Shachi suggested only to receive an irritated look from the other boy.

Law was feeling like a fish out of the water in situations like this. It was so out of character for him to act romantically towards the said girl but he needed to let her know that he didn't mean whatever he said yesterday and he was willed to make efforts for it.