The abyss in me (Part 4)

Hello my beloved readers! How are you? I hope you are doing fine!

I am back this Monday with a new, freshly written and not edited chapter xD. You will excuse any typos haha I plan to edit the whole flashback once it is over haha.

I don't own OP but I do own the oc and the extra characters.

Also the pic is not mine but I love batman Law. HAHAHA I AM THE LAW HAHAH. Ok ok ahaha I was laughing for some time xD.

Don't forget to leave a comment as I love reading them!

Enjoy it and don't forget to have fun!!!

I remember that same day after the sudden meeting with this man, I hurried to hide myself in the royal library in search of this specific book that I had a feeling, it contained all the answers of my questions.

'The child of the prophecy.'

Was he talking about me? And what kind of prophecy was he referring to?

I was tired from the curious glances and the whispers behind my back. I was tired of others thinking I didn't understand something was off only because I was a child. I was tired of others knowing secrets I was not aware of.

So with a burning determination in my heart I crossed the library's entrance and headed towards the spot where the Great book of Edelweiss was kept, a book that was said it contained the past, the present and the future of Solkey Island.

I had heard in one of my history lessons that Marcus Edelweiss from his unconditional love for this piece of land and the first people that established here, started seeing dreams every night about the future of this country and until now everything came true.

However, there was a detail Mr. Duvall kept for himself and that was the fact of the last remaining prophecy that ended the book. When I asked him for more information about this last prophecy he just glared at me and changed the subject.

At first this behavior didn't really ring a bell to me but what I was about to discover that day, connected all the pieces of the puzzle and the picture was finally clear and completed.

I held the forbidden book that I was never allowed to neither read nor touch and opened it without second thoughts. The book was torn in many places and felt like it would dissolve in my hands and so I flipped the pages carefully so as not to provoke any further damage. It was consisted of texts that described everything I had learned during my history lessons and at the thought of all of them being written hundreds of years ago from a man who cherished this country from the bottom of his heart, I felt something nostalgic. I imagined how this man would have felt when a dream turned into nightmare some nights watching this land being destroyed by civil wars, diseases and poverty. Like any other country, Solkey had been through a lot to reach this state today. It was interesting to see the alterations that had been occurred with the change of the timeline.

The book started with the stories of Marcus Edelweiss himself when he first stepped on this empty land, the years of completely loneliness and the sudden appearance of other people due to a similar accident like his own when he approached the island and the wild weather destroyed his ship. Afterwards he explained how the people of Solkey island inherited their gifted skill on music and singing by eating the goods of this land and drinking water from Solkey's lakes as a consequence they became one with this land and so like everything else that provoked beautiful tunes on this island, the newborns started to have this special mesmerizing voice on their first cry that got better and better through the years and the change of generations.