The bloodthirsty Mary Pearcey!

Hey there, my beloved readers! I really hope you are all healthy and fine!

I don't own OP but I do own the extra characters.

I don't own the picture! I found it on twitter. (AHHH DADDY LAW I CAN'T HANDLE IT! ISN'T HE A CUTIE PIE?!)

Enjoy and have fun <3

The atmosphere was thick enough, a knife could easily cut through, though silence dominated inside the room with the only sounds those coming from the flipping pages of their books and their breathing.

The afternoon sun that had already shown its pinkish face, filled the doctors' office of the small clinic in a warm light that could convert even this plain room into the coziest place to study in the world. The view outside of the window was no less as the icy ground looked like a sea of red, orange and magenta in front of Swallow's island sunset.

If it was another day, Law would had preferred to take delight in this magnificent view with the said girl by his side, walking towards their way home and even though he wanted to pretend like everything was just a bad dream, well... it was not.

And he still found himself here drown in paperwork in an effort to make his mind forget of his previous discovery.

The town's tower clock's bell rand 5 times signaling the time. It was already 5 o'clock and the two young doctors didn't seem neither to move from their seats nor even rise their heads from the tasks they kept their minds busy with.

It wasn't like they could focus though as Law needed to read a sentence 6 times already to understand this patient's symptoms and put his signature for the needed exams and Elga kept looking the same page for 10 straight minutes.

The girl leaving an irritating sigh, was the first who snapped out of it and decided her brain was in no shape to function today and so she closed the said book without being able to remember anything of whatever she read the past hours. She glanced on the boy a few meters away from her own desk who was still glued upon his papers, with a deep frown on his face.

The sunset's orange rays, colored his face with the warmest colors but still his expression seemed colder than a North Blue's snowstorm in the middle of the winter. The events that happened previously the same day must had really gotten under his skin telling from his attitude as she had many days to see him this annoyed by her presence.

He didn't exchange any other words with her after he came back from his break. Though the girl should admit she didn't do any efforts to open a conversation as she thought the best choice would be to give him some peace and quiet.

Law had put his word for her so as to take the seat of the new doctor in the clinic and she really disappointed him for a stupid argument.

*Ahh, why did I have to say something like that! I should have kept my mouth closed!*, she thought and rubbed her tired eyes. She tried to lay back a bit and rest her aching back too, making the chair create a cricking sound.

This though woke Law from his thoughts and raised his eyed so as to take a look at the girl in front of him. Her features seemed peaceful and relaxed having her eyes closed, but he knew she surely troubled her mind for a silly issue as arguing with that patient's caretaker.

He always admired her for her bravery, though sometimes this characteristic of her personality would put her in troubles. However, if you asked him, he would never change anything on her even though many times this girl would be a handful. He was proud she stood for herself on this argument and wished he could find the right words to support her on this moment of need.