Changing Minds

Hellooo everyone! How have you been doing my beloved readers? Another one chapter is out only for you! Hope you like it!

Pleaaasee leave a comment as I love reading them!

That's all for now!

I don't own One Piece but I do own the OC

Have fun!

Law was sitting on his desk inside the doctors' office at the small clinic he was currently working on Pleasure Town.

*That must be the last one...*, he thought signing the paper in order to discharge the last patient for today.

He lifted his head and checked the clock. One more hour and he was off. It wasn't like he hated his job but in contrast he knew that being a doctor was the ideal profession for him.

Yet, he couldn't help but get bored from all of this paper work and there were only another one doctor and a nurse in the clinic so he had a great amount of patients to take care of by himself.

A knock was heard and the nurse entered the room and approached the young boy.

"Law, you must be tired! Why don't you go earlier home tonight? I'm sure you must be concerned about that patient of yours too!" the black haired woman said in a calm voice.

Law thought about it for a moment and decided to deny it as a lot could happen within one hour and he should be there to help.

"I'm sure everything will be alright! Many patients will leave today and the final check is my responsibility after all. If I observe something wrong I will let you know!" the woman tried to convince him.

The boy contemplate the proposal for once again and decided to accept it as he couldn't refuse the fact that he was feeling an inner angst for leaving the girl and Volff alone together. They didn't have the time to meet properly while he was inside the house and he couldn't imagine what the reactions would be in a conversation of those two.

On the one hand we have an old grumpy man that gets annoyed almost about everything and one the other one we have a young girl who considers a game to try somebody's patience.

*Not a nice combo...*

Law stood up, wore his coat, took his bag and walked towards the exit. Then, before he opens the door he gave a last glance to the woman as if he was asking her if she was sure he could leave from now.

The nurse nobbed and Law crossed the door waving at her for goodbye.

~...~

After some time of riding his bike inside the forest, the boy returned back home. He understood that something was off as Volff should have been in the kitchen by now preparing the dinner but the room was unlighted. Also, it was already dark outside and it wasn't common for him to work on his inventions this time of the day.

He left his bike aside and walked towards the entrance door so as to enter inside.

Law came in and took off his shoes.

Everything was silent and decided to call his name.

"Mister Junk? Are you here?" he didn't take any reply though and went to the living room to see if the girl knew something.

However, the room was empty and the girl was missing from her bed.

He started to get irritated from the situation as he was feeling anxious now. He definitely had a bad feeling about this.

The boy went to his quarters in order to leave his bag and his suspicions came true when he beheld this scene in front of him.

His wardrobe was open and someone meddled with his medical supplies.

*Someone must have been hurt... I keep everything for a wound treatment in the bathroom in case something happens while I'm away. I will go to check there.*, he thought and run towards the bathroom wishing he would find all of his things in order as a sign that nobody and needed them.

Law run towards the bathroom. He got inside and the scent of blood was strong so he prepared himself for the worst and opened the lights.

He saw the girl lying down on the floor unconscious with a big stamp of blood on the back side of the sweatshirt he had given to her, where the stiches were.

He immediately, searched for a pulse placing two fingers on her carotid artery and when he realized she was alive he left a sigh of relief.

*That, idiot! The stiches must have opened...*, he thought and rushed to see the injury.

Nevertheless, to his surprise the wound was sewn back and perfectly fine.

Some objects inside the sink caught his attention. He took the needle with the thread to look at it better and saw the burned match.

*She must have used the match to heat the needle in order to sterilize it... That means... Don't tell me she did it alone by herself!*, he thought and took a shocked expression, widening his eyes when recognition dawned.

*She definitely has some very good skills here...*

Law stood up and took the girl on his hands to carry her until the living room.

Then, he left her on the coach and covered her with a blanket as she seemed cold, probably due to the blood lose.

*The first person is here... Now, where is that man?*

Law thought to search inside Volff's bedroom and so he did.

When he entered the room he saw a figure on the bed and understood that it belonged to the elder man.

He turned on the lights and came closer to him.

The blinding light hit Volff's eyes and the man groaned annoyed. He started feeling an unbearable pain on his left leg since painkillers were losing gradually their effectiveness as the time was passing by. He woke up seeing first thing a frowned Law above his head.

"W-what happened?" he asked confused.

"I should be the one to make this question here!" Law barked at him back.

"I think I had an accident at the warehouse."

"Well, obviously... You have a broken leg..." the young doctor responded examining the broken leg.

"H-how did I ended up here?"

"I guess the girl helped you. She even made this plaster cast for you."

"It was Elga? Is she alright?"

"She is fine. Look at yourself first!"

Volff kept silent for a while feeling bad for disheartening the girl in the beginning as her actions changed his mind. She seemed like a good person and he would feel compunction if something had happened to her because of him.

Law knew quite well the old man and that's why he kept secret the fact that her stiches had opened. She managed to take care of it bravely, though, and he should acknowledge it. So it wasn't necessary to make him worry in his state now.

"Rest, you need it.", Law continued walked to the exit of the bedroom.

That idea seemed nice to Volff and he closed his eyes to go back to sleep for some more time until dinner is ready.

The boy went out and closed the door behind him.

He felt his legs betraying him and sat on the floor holding his head in an effort to calm down as he was fighting hard to keep his coolness all this time.

That girl really saved the day today. He didn't want to think of what could happen if the old man stayed injured and alone for hours without anyone to help him around.

Everything ended well, though, and Law felt relieved.

He stood up and went to tide up all this mess before Shachi, Penguin and Bepo arrives so as not to worry them.