The abyss in me (Part 1)

Hey there my beloved readers! From this chapter and for probably the next 2-3 ones we have Elga's past! I feel very excited to finally write about this adorable child and I hope you enjoy it too! Her past begins with the memory she firstly awoke after Volff's accident and on the next chapters I will explain what happened before and after the incident of today's update. If you get confused or have questions please feel free to share them with me!

I am looking forward for your comments as I really want to see your reactions hehe!

I don't own OP but I do own the oc and the extra characters.

I don't own the picture!

LOVE YA ALL!

Elga's POV

It is sure funny how the greatest of the human's organs and the most complex thing that have ever been discovered in the universe, the one that is consisted 60% of just fat and can make information run through the nerves with a speed of 268 miles per hour, the one that needs the 20% of total blood and oxygen of the body to function properly, can forget important pieces of your life so easily and at the same time remember with every lurid detail the worst innermost memories that anyone would feel blessed to just wipe from their head.

It was like yesterday, I recall running inside the familiar forest path with an excited smile curved on my lips, 6 years ago.

The weather was slightly chilly as Solkey island of North Blue reached almost the winter season, being currently on the last days of November. However, despite the clear drop of temperature in the atmosphere there are no other signs of winter yet.

As I passed by the giant trees that looked like brave knights who carried the forest's ancient history on their shoulders and praised their maker day and night, light and shadow danced on my features. My feet stepping on branches and dry leaves, created sounds similar to the tunes of the piano's ivories and even the bees that flew here and there filled the silence with their own buzzing music. The birds sang in a synchronized symphony, well hidden among the branches of the blooming oak trees, butterflies dancing in the air on their own rhythm and even the wind blew with its own tempo against my face as I continued running with the fastest speed my small legs could manage, careful not to drop the melting ice cream on my hand.

"Princess Valerie, please be careful you might fall or get injured like that!", a maid that looked no more than her 30s with neatly comped black hair and a uniform of high quality in total black and a white apron on her thin waist shouted at me a lot of steps away behind me while trying with great effort to catch up with my energetic figure.

"I can't be late! The ice cream is already turning into a soup on my hands Sophie! In the end there will be nothing left for Melody!", I replied screaming at the top of my lungs and continued running until I was out of breath.

I stopped for a moment and took a generous amount of oxygen through my burning nostrils, combined with a combination of smells such as damp moss, wet tree trunks as autumn's stigma was still apparent in the atmosphere, various flowers and... what could it be?

*Do I smell smoke?*, I thought and my eyes scanned the area in case there was a spreading fire nearby our position.

I lifted my head and could clearly distinguish black smoke coming from somewhere ahead of us, though the source was hidden further into the path I had to follow so as to reach the palace.

That was the moment it hit me and realized that the smoke was coming indeed from the palace's location and so I began running again with all of my remaining strength towards this destination, in fear for the worse. My heart was beating erratically against my ribcage and the breathing fast and shallow made my lungs hurt like there was a ball of fire that burned my insides. However, even though the stitch on my left side became unbearable, even though my view went blurry from the huge amount of wasted energy or when I stumbled my feet on a rock and fell on the ground hurting my knees and getting dirt on my dark violet long dress on the process, I didn't give up and once I was up again I continued running.