The abyss in me (Part 3)

elloooo! How are you my beloved readers? New week with a new chapter! I tried, I honestly really tried to finish Elga's flashback part about the incidents before her mother's and sister's deaths buuut I couldn't XD. The chapter got too long and I had to put an end xD. So the next chapter will be that one and then I hope we have other 2 or 3 more about the incidents after the funeral. It scares me because every Monday I repeat the same things XD. I didn't expect to drag that long Elga's flashback but I guess there were many info I had to reveal. Thank you for your patience and I hope you enjoy the chapters!

Feedback is useful as I would like to let me know what you liked or not so don't forget to leave a comment!

I don't own OP but I do own the oc and extra characters.

NOTE: I will have a break for a week so next chapter  hits Monday 18/4.

LOVE YA ALL! HAVE FUN!

That day while Mr. Duvall kept talking endlessly about who knows what on the history lesson, my mind didn't seem to be willing to stay focused for more than 5 minutes straight, at maximum. The view outside of the window looked much more appealing and my brain kept thinking of games I would play with Drystan once this torture was over.

But the problem was that this blonde man in front of me didn't seem like the slightest bored of spreading history knowledge out of his mouth and I knew this subject was his great weakness. Mr. Duvall could talk about past events of this Island for hours with so much passion and zeal like it's been only 10 minutes from the beginning of the lesson.

However, He wasn't aware of my secret that I knew not only this weakness of his but all of his quirks!

Mr. Duvall is a perfectionist with a peculiar personality that strives for flawlessness. Some signs as his efforts to control situations, his workaholic characteristic and his critical behavior to others and specifically to me, made it clear for even a small child like me that he despised anything disordering inside the place he worked or lived. From the objects' position to the way I sit on my seat or pronounce the words.

"Princess Valerie, have you even listened a word of today's lesson?! You keep spacing out a lot! I won't accept such a behavior! You will stay for study two more extra hours!", he ordered and I frowned in irritation.

How could he add two more whole hours of study when I longed to see my beloved friend from the very beginning of this lesson!

"Now stand up if you finished with your whining and draw the border map of Solkey Island! A Queen should know her kingdom like the back of her hand!", he said and I stood on my feet and walked with the slowest pace possible toward the blackboard.

Mr. Duvall left a sigh of annoyance out of his lips and glared at me something that made me sweatdrop a bit and fasten my steps, smiling awkwardly.

When I reached the spot, I held a chalk between my index finger and my thumb and instantly an idea popped in my mind.

I couldn't do anything to erase the plus study hours but I could give him as much trouble as possible for that, right?

I raised my hand to start drawing the said sketch, having a mischievous smirk planted on my lips and pressed it a bit harder on the blackboard's surface as a result the chalk to break in half.

"Oops!", I said innocently but the man kept his composure and gestured me to take another chalk from the remaining 9 in total number and continue the procedure.

Then, accidentally the second one broke in my fingers and then again with a silent Oops I looked rascally at him.

The man didn't break his mask of equanimity but I could see distinctly behind this calm act that he put a great effort on his movements so as not to get his discomfort exposed.