5

Silence was what you expected the room to be filled with. Perhaps some awkwardness as well, for Erwin was your commander and you looked up to him immensely, you didn't want him to think you were weird, childish or anything like that.

 Instead, the room was filled with two very chatty individuals. If someone were to look at the both of you, they'd probably think you were old pals reminiscing old times. Erwin had originally come to lecture you about the fight and give you a punishment, but who was he to tell you these things if he was not the one to witness the fight. He decided it was best to leave it to Levi, since after all he was the one to report it. Erwin instead took the opportunity to get to know you and ask about the other cadets. He felt it was important to know information about each cadet and know their skills wether it be a physical skill or mental one. Luckily for Erwin, you knew almost everyone and happily gave him as much information you knew. Erwin was surprised by the popularity you had and asked if it was ever too much.

"Well, yeah who wouldn't ever get annoyed?! Believe me they do have their good and bad moments, but I know how to slip away for the most part when I need to.....but it's better than being alone you know"

Erwin nodded at your response. He knew well what you meant, he too could relate. People barge into his office all the time needing something from him, but he knew it was better than not to be needed. He liked being someone people could rely on. Something both you and the commander shared. The difference however was that you mostly have trouble putting your emotions aside when it came down to it while Erwin has no trouble finding and flipping the switch. 

After what seemed to be a short time, resulted in a 2hr talk with Erwin. Erwin got up and stretched and was ready to bid farewell when he remembered he didn't even check to see how you were doing physically. He walked towards you without even telling you anything which made you both confused and paranoid. He bent down and grabbed your legs and tugged on them followed by flexing them. UHH WTF IS HE DOING?! Erwin seemed pleased you didn't whence in pain. He did the same with your arms and again no reaction came from you. Erwin then procedded to cup your cheeks which left you in a frozen state. You were scared. AYO IS HE PULLING A MOVE ON M-. Before you could finish your thought, Erwin tilted your head to the side then to the other, then moved it in a circular motion. He looked for anything that might seem to need serious medical attention besides your cuts and bruises and again came out with no result. You finally understood what he was trying to do and you felt embarrassed for even thinking such a thing. You told Erwin you felt fine, but you did mention the sharp pain in your chest. Erwin examined your sides and felt no type of broken rib, but from years of experience he knew it was likely you had a muscle strain. It was nothing that was too serious, but he did advise you to take it easy for a bit. Not only cause of the Muscle strain, but because he didn't want anything else to tear if pressure was applied around where your dark bruises were. Erwin got up from his spot and chuckled.

"I'm glad your fine cadet L/N, However...."

"However?....."

"However, you should of lied you know. so you could get some rest before heading into the devil's den"

"IM SORRY THE WHAT?!"

Erwin laughed but quickly swallowed it down as he head for the door.

"Cadet L/N you are to report to Levi's office in the morning after breakfast. I wish you nothing, but luck and with that I wish you a good night"

Before you can even respond, he quickly closed the door, leaving with a smirk on his face.

You sat there with wide eyes. THE DEVILS WHAT?!