41

Thanks to the capturing of the female titan, the survey corps had a chance to sit back and relax for a while. News of your return spread around quick and by the next day you were greeted with a sea of cadets at the mess hall. 

Jean and Connie shoved through the crowd while Sasha eloped her arm into yours as you made your way to your daily table. Sitting down with your friends, the table quickly began to fill. People fought and shoved for a spot at or near the table, wanting to hear your legendary story.

Theres was so many people, you couldn't even see the end of the room. Questions began to fly around. You tried your best to grasp a question, but there was so much chatting it was making your head hurt in annoyance. Jean held your hand under the table giving you a light squeeze. 

Looking up at him, you meet his warm eyes and smile. You gave him a close eyed smile and tried your best to refocus on the situation presented in front of you.

---

Erwin and Levi walked towards the mess hall together, the tension still being present. Their eyes widen as they stood at the doorway of the mess hall. The room was filled, the only way to enter was to push through. Both tried to figure out what was the reason for it, but there was no way to see what was up front.

"She's Amazing!" said a cadet to another.

Erwin perked his ears trying to tune in.

"I agree, but is the rumor true?"

"Seeing as she is altogether there's no doubt about it that he'd choose Y/N, it can't be just a meaningless rumor"

This now caught Levi's attention too, tuning in beside Erwin.

"Wow can you imagine, Erwin's girlfriend" sighed the cadet imagining it.

Both men's eyes grew wide at the statement. 

So the rumor flying around had to do with Erwin dating Y/N. It seemed as if people were quick to take notice of the way Erwin acted towards Y/N especially during her long disappearance and the way he began to shut down. Someone added more fuel to the fire, restating the day Erwin threw her into his embrace when she was covered in blood when she had returned from the forest. And the best evidence to seal the deal, was the night of the Survey Corp Appreciation day, where Erwin "couldn't keep his hands off of her"

A slow smile crept up onto Erwins face. He liked the thought of Y/N being known as "Erwin's Girlfriend". He wished that she'd even confirm it, but both didn't get the chance to talk about it after what happened the night before. He simply stood there grinning like an idiot as he can imagine the various scenarios of making Y/N his.

Levi grew quite annoyed of the whole situation and quick dispersed the crowd, sending them to training. The only people left in the room was Erwin, Y/N and himself.

"Good Morning Y/N" Erwin beamed as he sat beside her.

She smiled and greeted back, "Good Morning Commander, Good Morning Captain"

Levi sat himself in front of both of them greeting back.

"Did you enjoy your gift?" asked Erwin

"Oh Yes! I loved it, Thank You" she said, pecking his cheek. 

She turned to Levi who was already looking at her, "I fell asleep immediately yesterday at Jean's place so I wasn't able to open yours yet, forgive me"

"Don't worry about it, it's nothing important" Levi replied nonchalant.

She tilted her head at him, "Your crazy, coming from you its already worth much value Captain"

Levi melted at her words. He felt a smile threatening to make an appearance.

Quickly shutting it down he replied, "Well don't get any high expectations"

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows at him, clearly upset that Levi simply doesn't understand what she's trying to say. She sighed and simply nodded, excusing herself to which Erwin offered to walk her, hoping the rumors between them would continue to grow to the point where everyone thinks they're actually dating.

Levi stood seated thinking wether Y/N would appreciate his small gift. It was sincerely nothing as valuable as Erwin's bolo-tie, but he wanted to show her a bit of gratitude and show her that he cares for her even if it may not look like it. He wasn't best with words, so he wasn't able to give it to her in person like he would have wanted to, plus he wouldn't know how to respond to her reaction regardless of what it was.

Looking out the window, a small smile appeared on his face knowing well that Y/N was the type to appreciate his gift no matter if it was even a rock, he had no idea why he was so insecure. Plus why was he comparing his gift to Erwin, their relationship to you was very different, he stood no chance. 

As he saw Y/N pecking Erwin good bye his mind wandered over to the letter. He had forgotten to destroy it last night with everything that happened. With that he set off to go destroy the letter before anyone gets their hands on it.

---

Entering into his room, he quickly reached for his pants from yesterday, putting his hand in the back pocket. He felt his heart drop as his hand felt nothing.He looked and just like he thought, the letter wasn't there. Panic started to sink in as he began to rummage through his things no longer caring about the mess he was causing. 

Finding no letter in his room he ran to his office and began his search there. He felt himself feel sicker each second as he realized he dropped it. Thoughts of someone finding it swirled in his mind, worse if it was already In Y/N or Erwins hands. 

He exited his hallway and looked carefully before he ran to Y/N's in search of the letter, hoping to find it before anyone else.

Busting through the door, he didn't hesitate to start throwing every drawer out. Y/N's room was an utter mess and in the middle stood a Paled, anxious Levi.

 Sweat dripped down his forehead as his shaky fingers continue to rummage through Y/N's things.

"Levi?"

Levi froze In his spot, knowing well he was caught by the woman herself. he slowly turned to face Y.N. Y/N had wide eyes looking straight at him. He was about to apologize and make up an excuse, guessing that's why she was staring until he noticed her not breaking eye contact with him. She just stared at him, a stare that even he found unreadable. Confused, Levi looked at her with concern until he saw her holding something. He felt himself completely sink.

 There in her hand stood his letter.