42

As you walked with Erwin outside, you couldn't help, but notice people staring at the both of you intensely. You started to fiddle with your fingers nervously as you looked down to the ground. The feeling of Erwin's strong hand was placed on your back. Looking up to him you see him beaming down to you. 

 Looking at him made you think back to the mess hall. You tried your best to answer every question to the best of your ability until someone asked wether there was something going on between you and Erwin. It had completely thrown you off. You had started to contemplate wether someone had heard you and Erwin. Before you even had the chance to even answer, they were dismissed to training.

It had to be the reason why you were receiving so many stares you thought. You started to wonder if Erwin was asked or heard of the rumor, but looking at him closely he didn't seemed to be bothered by anything, so you assumed he hasn't heard.

As soon as you had arrived you were dismissed due to your injuries, so you set off to your room to go look at the rest of the letters and gifts you received from your companions. Finishing all the letters and gifts rather quickly, you tidy them up and open your bottom drawer to put them away. You opened the drawer to find a tiny box sitting in there. 

You took it out and opened it, curious to see what was in the tiny little box. A small smile appeared on your face as you find a lipstick placed inside. It was similar to the one you had worn to the Survey Appreciation day, but this one was a warmer tone. It had a small tag attached that read "Levi" in beautiful cursive writing. You grinned as you remembered Levi complimenting the lip color the night he had followed you in to your room.

Suddenly your mind shot to the letter Levi had dropped on the floor that had your name written on it. You placed the small gift away and pulled out the letter and decided to head outside to read it.

---

Walking outside, you headed towards a big tree when you heard your name being called out from behind you. You turned to see Jean waving his arms like a lunatic trying to catch your attention. You laughed at his action and motioned him to come to you. He shook his head. You looked at him confused on why he didn't want to come to you. Instead he motioned for you to come to him. Sighing in defeat, you walked towards him.

Before you even had a chance to ask him anything, Jean grabbed your hand and led you to the stables. Reaching the stables he let your hand go and turned to face you.

"What are we doing here?" you asked curiously.

"I-I Uh..wanted to uh give you your birthday present Y/N" said a nervous Jean.

"In the stables?"

"Well- I, cause you know we grew closer here and this is where I realized something. So I thought it be a good place to give you the gift here since this place carries so much momentum for us"

"oh alright Kirstein what's the gift then?" you said excitedly looking at him.

Jean stared at you in awe as he saw your eyes grow big as you stared at him. He knew there was no going back. Your mesmerizing eyes was just the motivation he needed to do it. 

Jean softly cupped your cheeks and pulled you in for a kiss. A kiss so tender and sweet, yet it carried so much love in it, it carried all the feelings and emotions Jean had accumulated for you. You were caught so off guard you went limp, Levi's letter dropped to the ground.

Hating to pull away from your long wanting lips, Jean pulled away and pushed you into his chest. He looked forward as he let a sense of relief come out in a form of a sigh.