35

"Dear Y/N,

Knowing me well, I am not one best to express the way I feel, but I need to find a way to express myself to you in some form of way. As I mentioned I am not one best with words, so writing is my only option right now and I just need to talk to you even if it's not face to face like I would have wanted to. I just wanted to tell you how much I admire you. I admire everything about you, Y/N. I admire your strength not just as a solider but as an individual. I admire you for never laughing at me during my weakest points of my life. I admire that you would always be there along side with me, reminding me that I am better than I think I am. I admire your kindness, compassion and love for others. And overall, I admire your patience. Your patience with us. For allowing us to grow a special bond together. Thanks to your patience, I've grown more than I ever have, learning more about myself more than I ever did my whole life. I'm sorry for being rude, inconsiderate and reckless around you. Thank you for having the patience and  continuing to stay by my side. Maybe if I was careful with my actions and words, you'd probably still be here. You told me once you hated seeing people upset because you never liked seeing the sadness in their eyes. Well look at me Y/N, I'm upset, please come cheer me up with your presence and your hugs like you always do. You hate sadness right? Then come home and fix me. We would always be there for each other when one of us cries, so where are you? why aren't you coming back? I'd wish you came back, but it's too late for that isn't it? Happy Birthday Y/N. We miss you. I miss you.

LEVI"

"This is pathetic" Levi said to himself as he read the letter to himself over and over. No matter how many times he tried to rewrite the letter, the same words spilled on the paper. Sighing in defeat, he knew this is exactly what he wanted to tell you at that very moment and for the past month since you've been gone. He folded the paper neatly and put in an envelope where he sealed it and wrote your name on the front in his neat cursive writing. He picked up the letter and the little box that sat on his desk and headed out.

Levi stood now in front of your room. He hesitated for a moment and turned the knob. Entering the room he could still smell your scent. The room hadn't been used since the day you "died". Sasha grew too depressed and refused to sleep in the room so she had gotten special permission from Erwin to bunk with Connie and Jean for moral support. Walking in he sat on your bed, remembering the night you first comforted him when he had lost his squad. He can still remember the way you caressed his hair as he fell asleep.

Levi looked up and saw your desk filled and cluttered. Not remembering that being there before he approached it. There he found loads of items sitting on your desk. Some included a basket with bread along with a little gift box. There was also a cake sat there along with a bunch of flowers, a knitted blanket, a journal, hundred of letters and finally a photo. Levi set his gift and letter down on the desk and picked up the photo to view it. A small smile set on his face. There in the photo stood a picture of you and your "three little stooges" as you liked to refer to them. You had squished Sasha's face as you placed a kiss on her cheek with one of your legs up in the air while she grinned widely, giving the camera a thumbs up. Connie was being carried bridal style by Jean. Connie pretended to go in for a kiss while Jean laughed in the photo. He turned the photo around and found writing on it, "Last Day of Training". He couldn't help but turn it back around and see it again. Seeing you made him want to cry.

Setting down the photo he looked over to the other gifts. You were not kidding when you said you knew almost everyone. Your desk sat with mountains of letters from different cadets. Some were even sent in from the MP and the Garrison regiment. A low chuckle came out of Levi as he remembered how friendly you were with everyone you meet, striking up a conversation with everyone. He decided it was better not to set his gifts there, afraid it could drop. He simply opened one of your desk drawers and placed it neatly inside along with the letter. Looking up at the time he set off to Erwin's office to discuss the next plan on how to catch the female titan.