43

"Was this what you were looking for Levi?" you lifted the letter up.

Levi slowly rose to his feet.

"...Yes" he whispered. 

You walked towards him and handed him the letter. Levi took the letter and looked down at the ground. You walked away from him and began picking up your room with out saying a word. Levi put the letter into his pocket and began helping. As he squatted down and began picking up things, he felt your hand on top of his.  

"I can do this myself, thank you"

"No I can-"

"Please Captain"

Levi's eyes widen at the mention of his title instead of his name. He didn't like you doing that to him. Fear started to sink in, did you already begun pushing him away?  

"No" he protested as he gripped your wrist.

Your eyes widen, "Capta-"

"No" he said again

You felt his grip tighten around your wrist, but it began to shake. Levi looked you in the eyes, his eyes began watering. You looked at him confused.

"It's Levi to you. It's always Levi to you Y/N."

You only looked down, continuing with your plan, knowing what you had to do. As much as you wanted to admit to Levi about your thoughts and feelings you decided it was best to close it off. Being in a relationship with Levi or even Erwin was bad news. It would just hurt either one of them, changing not only your relationship with the other person, but the work relationship between the three of you altogether. You didn't mean to become friends with Erwin nor Levi just to end up hurting them, it was the opposite of your intention. You wanted to be friends with them because you cared for them and liked them. But maybe it was best to end the friendships between the males you thought. If you were to even choose one of them, the relationship between them will flip.

"No Levi, it should of been Captain this whole time. It was unprofessional of me to become close friends with my superiors and for that I'm sorry."

Levi's eyes widen in horror, his worst fear was becoming reality. He was finally loosing you. 

You rose to your feet and headed for the door, wanting to be alone for a while so you can recollect your thoughts. Levi jumped to his feet and ran to you, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you back. He pulled you back so quickly both of you fell to the floor.

"Please don't leave me Y/N. Your the only person I can confide in" he whispered

Your eyes began to water hearing him. He cupped your cheeks and pulled you into a kiss. You could taste his salty tears that had run down his face. You knew this was only going to hurt him more in the end and you tried your best to pull away. Levi only grabbed you by the back of the head and pushed you in further not wanting it to end, he really needed you. You felt the tears running down your face. Levi slowly pulled away and stared at you.

"I know you deserve someone like Erwin, I can accept that. I love you and I want you to be happy. I know it's selfish of me to ask, but can we at least stay friends?"

"Levi, I don't want to hurt you or anyone. I think it's best if we put our feelings aside and go back to a professional relationship of Captain and Cadet."

Levi sighed as he intertwined his fingers into yours.

"Can you at least stay the night with me. Just once. Please, I won't bother you again. It'll be our last time together" he whispered

You looked at your hand in his. A slow sad smile spread your face knowing it was the very ending of your relationship with Levi and it was going to be something hard to let go. You had grown so close to him. You couldn't help but feel a part of you dying as you made this decision final, maybe it was the fact that you too had developed feelings for him. But these feelings were going to ruin everything, so It was best to keep to yourself.

Levi waited for your response. You threw your arms around Levi as you pulled him in.

"Ok Levi, to our last time" you whispered back.