54

"Miss L/N what are your orders?" said one of your Garrison soldiers from behind you.

"Just follow Smith's instructions unless I tell you otherwise"

"Right!" they answered in unison.

You turned your horse to see all their faces. They all looked identical to yours, a determined face with sorrow eyes, drowning in fear and despair. What an appealing look to have.

You gave them a nod before you headed to the front with them following behind you. After setting them up in their positions you made your way over to Erwin's for any final plans.

"Well" you said as you pulled up to Erwin on his horse.

Erwin turned to you, a sad smile placed on his face. He looked contemplated to say something but he shook his head as if making a final decision with his conscious. 

"Well, Y/N this is it. Everything is ready to go, Are you ready?"

"Ready my Sweet Commander" you said giving him a cheeky smile.

"I see your wearing it" he pointed to the bolt-tie necklace he had gifted you all those years ago.

"Of course, My best friend gifted this to me. I've been wearing it under my uniform this whole time. It really means a lot to me." You said as you touched it.

Erwin reached out to grab your hand, he placed a kiss on it before he gave you a slight bow.

"To our friendship and success" he said.

"and to our promise, I'll stick with you till the end Smith. I promise you won't face your fear alone" you said as you kissed his hand back. "It truly has been an honor serving under you my dear Erwin, I hope to continue our journey of friendship after this"

"Right, I'll be waiting for you at the finish line my beauty" 

You gave him a slight bow and a salute before you turned your horse around and left. Erwin turned to see you until you were out of his eyesight. With a heavy sigh he returned to his thoughts.

As you barely made it back to your spot you hear an "Oi" from behind you. You turned your head to see Levi approaching you. You smiled at his horse remembering him from your first days at the survey, you petted him as you began to greet him.

"No greeting for me?"

You rolled your eyes as you looked at him, "Hello Captain Levi"

"You greeted him with affection, what about me?"

"Levi, we're in public. I don't think you'd want that"

"I do"

"We're not official-"

"Yes we are"

"No, we're not"

"Do you want to make it official?"

"Yeah, but-"

"Okay so we're official now give me what I asked for" he said as he moved his horse right next to you leaning towards you.

"Levi, I'm wearing lipstick" you blushed.

"Dam it Woman" he grabbed you by the collar and smashed his lips into yours.

It was a hungry, desperate kiss. It held so much momentum that for a second you forgot where you even were. You can feel Levi placing his hands on your face. The kiss had brought so much emotion you couldn't help but feel your eyes water. You shut them as tight as you could trying to avoid any salty tears from escaping.

As the kiss broke, he placed his forehead against yours. His breathing was heavier than usually, it  was almost as if his very own breathing was agitated with the circumstances it was surrounded by. His bore eyes, now glistened as they stared into yours. They felt warm, much less than the cold ones he always illustrated around.

"I just wanted to tell you that I love you and I want to thank you for everything. If it weren't for you and your patience for me I'd be drowning in my own feelings and guilt. You made my boring life so much brighter and-"

"Levi, I know you're worried, but you're talking to me as if I'm dead meat. You can tell me all this when we go back home" You smiled warmly at him.

"Right, shoot this is the second time today huh?" He laughed.

"Yes, but you should be laughing more at your appearance right now" you laughed while staring at his lips.

"Whats wrong with my appearance?" he shot you a glare.

"Well..Your lips are crimson" you said as you wiped a bit off his lips to show him.

His eyes widen as he lightly touch his lips.

"It's okay I'll wipe it off for you-"

"No leave it, I want it there" he said as he gripped your wrist to stop you from taking off the faded tint off his usual pale lips.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to get embarrassed" you said 

"Please, They're not that idiotic to not be able to connect the dots. Besides if they say something I'll simply say I was making out with my woman"

"Levi" you smacked him as you began to blush

"Sorry, You're right I should include your name so they know who I'm talking about" he smirked at you.

"You-"

"SOLDIERS GET READY TO MOVE OUT!" You heard Erwin's voice call out.

You and Levi looked at each other. Your heart began to race. Levi gave you a smile and was about to head off. You quickly grabbed his arm to stop him from moving. He turned to look at you confused. You blanked out as your grip remained tight around him. Levi laid his other hand on top of yours.

"It's ok" he whispered.

You looked back at him. You pulled him into you as you gave him another kiss.

"I love you Levi Ackerman. Thank you for having patience for us. I never got to thank you as well." you whispered to him.

Levi sighed, he was finally happy to see your true colors you were truly feeling, fear.

"I love you Y/N L/N, but you need to stop yapping. You can tell me all this when we get home" 

You looked at him dumbfounded as you realized he stole your technic.

"HEY-"

"C'mon Captain Levi has to go. Give him a kiss on the cheek for luck" he said pointing to his cheek as he leaned.

You sighed and smiled as you planted a kiss on his cheek, leaving a crimson lip print.

"Good luck Captain Levi"

"Man that never gets old." He smirked at you before looking at your lips.

"I wasn't wrong when I said that color suited you. I'll see you soon love" he gave you a two finger salute before he left to his position.

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT, I'D LOVE TO SEE IF YOUR ENJOYING IT SO FAR!