11

For the past few weeks you did everything in your power to avoid Levi as much as you could. The night of the fight, you had cried in your bathroom to avoid confronting Erwin about what actually happened. You were frustrated that you couldn't seem to get on Levi's good side no matter how hard you tried. You were overall, upset over the fact that he really thought of you as nothing more than a lowlife slut who had nothing better to do with her time than to mess around with men in the regiment for fun.

Levi for the first time in a while, felt guilty for his actions and his words most of all. Why the fuck did he think of telling you that in the first place. Obviously it wasn't jealously, of course not. There was nothing you could offer to him that he would want. No, he was upset at the fact that Erwin had been dedicating his time for you. You were a distraction. You just need to learn your place and understand that you are simply just a cadet and nothing more. Erwin needs to get his shit together. Since the first encounter, meeting you lit a fire in Erwin's eyes and Levi took notice right away. Since then it's never burnt out, it's only ignited even more. A big bright flame that became more visible and brighter every time you were around him. Levi recalls the day Erwin left immediately to check on you, when he had reported the fight to him. When he came back all he did was talk about you and compliment you. He truly believed as if it were love at first sight. He was so entranced with your persona, he couldn't even find it in his heart to lecture or punish you, leaving it to Levi. Thinking about it, he knew he had to actually apologize to you. Something he would never do. For fucks sake the man can't even write down his feelings, nether less express them out loud, especially if it was to do something so simple as apologizing. Levi tried for weeks, finding the right time to approach you, but as soon as you'd seen him you would keep yourself busy and away from him. He knew you were doing it on purpose and only made him more frustrated, but at the same time he couldn't blame you. 

                                                                                                           -

Levi was summoned along with the other Captains to Erwin's office to discuss plans for an expedition they had been discussing. Knocking on the door and gaining access to enter he found Erwin sitting at his desk, humming and looking content at his papers. He'd never seen anyone including Erwin himself look happy while viewing papers, this was a first. Before Levi could even open his mouth. The door opened once again with a smiling Y/N that was humming as well. She was in a pretty good mood despite her arm being all bandaged up, carrying a coffee towards Erwin. She didn't notice Levi sitting there. As she placed it down, Erwin smiled up at her and thanked her with a mini side hug. As she looked up she froze in place seeing Levi in the office. Levi just looked down trying to avoid eye contact with her. He didn't know if she was still mad at him and he didn't want to cause any more problems that would result him in actually getting in trouble. Her smile faded and quietly excused herself and left into Erwins room to continue looking at the decorations she had picked out for the Survey Appreciation Day. 

As the meeting came to an end, the captains started heading out. Levi was the last to leave, but Erwin had suddenly asked him to stay. Levi sat and thought it had to do with Y/N telling Erwin the truth. As he sat there, Erwin stood from his chair and looked outside.

"Ever since L/N's little "accident" in the kitchen, she has been acting strange...."

Levi froze as Erwin continued.

" I had heard her crying the bathroom that night and I kept bugging her hoping she would tell me the truth, but she wouldn't budge. She told me that it was the truth. Now I don't know what happened between you two nor do I think I want to know. But what I do know is that I am going to leave to get maybe a bite to eat and visit Hange and maybe I am going to come back to a real smiling L/N"

Erwin turned to look at Levi to see him nodding in understandment. With that Erwin left leaving Levi in his office and Y/N next door. Levi sat there for a few minutes to muster up his words. He rubbed his hands on his pants to calm himself down before he got up and headed towards the bedroom door. He opened the door and leaned at the door way with his arms crossed and his same blank face, showing no signs of emotion. Y/N was smiling looking down at decorations, when she felt a presence. She looked up and her smile faded away. She quickly looked back down and tried to focus on what was in front of her, hoping he would leave her alone. 

"L/N"

"...."

"L/N"

"......Yes Captain" 

"Can you avert your attention to me for a second?"

Y/N slowly looked back up at Levi with tears in her eyes. OH GOD WHAT IF HE THINKS IM SLEEPING WITH ERWIN CAUSE IM IN HIS ROOM?!

Levi didn't understand why she was teary eyed, he hadn't done anything to her. Maybe she was just rethinking the scenario and started crying like the crybaby she claimed she was. 

"I wanted to apologize for the inconvenience we had in the kitchen a while ago. It was not my place to invade your privacy nor disrespect you both verbally and physically. I hope you can find it in yourself to let it go and can create a mutual relationship for the both of us and for the sake of Erwin." he said it in such a monotone voice, it almost didn't sound like an apology.

Y/N tried her best to smile at him, "I mean I guess if I can forgive Mikasa..... I could forgive you"

"Thank you"

"Sure thing Captain"

Levi walked over and just sat down next to Y/N taking an invitation in his hand to examine the design. It was surprisingly not ugly, but then again she did grow up with the finer things in life so she obviously understood what was of good taste. He touched the material and immediately knew she had payed for the best type of material for everything. He glanced over to see Y/N writing out the invitations. She had big eye-bags from the lack of sleep. He looked over to the unwritten invitations and saw that she still had a long way to go. He grabbed one of the extra pens and started to fill out invitations along side Y/N. After two minutes of silence, Y/N huffed, got up and left the office all together. Levi sat there confused. Was she mad because he was still there helping her ? did she grow annoyed of his presence? He scoffed, that's what he gets for trying to be friendly. He was about to stand up to leave when he heard foot steps approaching. In came Y/N with two cups of tea. She bent down and handled one to Levi. Levi didn't expect her to be so nice right away, he thought she was gonna fake being nice whenever Erwin was present, but no she had fully accepted Levi's apology as if it was nothing. They sat there in comfortable silence until Levi spoke up.

"Thank you"

"No, Thank you Sir"